Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Cjmstate's Post Patch All American Realism Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=439676)

cjmstate 08-29-2010 06:38 PM

Cjmstate's Post Patch All American Realism Sliders

Cjmstate's Post Patch All-American Game Sliders

So, after countless hours trying different slider sets both Heisman and All-American, I have just been unsatisfied since the patch. So, I decided to hit the practice facility and figure out my own sliders. I am very happy with my result (could use more testing though).

I chose All-American based on the various things I have read. I think All-American is the only difficulty where the CPU players aren't just innately better than the Humans. Thus, it is an even playing field.

All-American, 8 mins, Normal Game Speed
Player Min Speed Threshold: 25
Rules:
Offsides: 95
False Starts: 95
Holding: 50
Facemask: 50
Offensive P.I.: 100
Defensive P.I.: 100
KR/<acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> Interference: 100
Clipping: 50
Intention Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 100
Roughing the Kicker: 100

AA Sliders v. 6.0

User/CPU

QBA - 45/45
PBL - 45/40
WR Cat -
35/45
RBA - 65/65
RBL -
20/90
Pass Cvr - 35/50
Pass Rush - 60/75
Interceptions - 60/60
Rush Defense - 30/100
Tackling - 60/75
FGP - 10/25
FGA - 20/
Punt PWr - 30/55
Punt Accuracy - 20/65
Kickoff - 35/55

My goal with these sliders was to strive for realism, tough competition, a fair difficulty, and then residual statistical accuracy. One thing I have not tested is the Punt sliders as they are based from a different slider set.

Please try these out and let me know how what type of games you get.

V 2.0 Update:

Adjusted to make CPU more difficult.

V 3.0 Update:

Decreased Human Accuracy.
Increased CPU Pass Blocking.
Increased CPU WR Catch.
Increased CPU Run Blocking.

V 4.0 Update:

Decreased Human Pass Coverage.

V 5.0 Update:
Decreased Human Tackling.

V 6.0 Update:
Decreased Human Pass Coverage.
Increased CPU Pass Coverage.
Increased Human RB Ability.
Decreased Human RB Blocking.
Evened out Interceptions.
Decreased Human Rush Defense.

cjmstate 08-31-2010 07:53 PM

Re: Cjmstate's Post Patch All American Realism Sliders

Any testers yet?

Sydeburnz 08-31-2010 10:20 PM

No, but why is everyone setting false start and off sides so high ... cpu hard counts draws a flas start .. I hard count and draw an offsides .. almost everytime!

bruinkid626 09-01-2010 12:23 AM

pretty good sliders. I had a good game.

Mid Tenn State (me) vs Minnesota

Total offense - 416 / 343
Passing stats - 18-28 248 yards / 18-28 242 yards
Rushing - 29 attempts , 156 yards, 2 touchdowns / 18 attmpts, 79 yards, 0 td

Running game felt a bit too easy, slants were a bit too effective so I lowered the accuracy. The holding calls got on my nerves, there just was too many of them. I raised the running back ability and run block for cpu a bit. Other than that, it's great.

cjmstate 09-01-2010 05:46 PM

Good to see you had a good game with it. I agree with what you said and updated to v 3.0.

I'm having great games with teams that are rated equally. I am blowing out teams rated lower than me for the most part. We'll see how the new adjustments affect the outcomes.

More updates to come!

cjmstate 09-03-2010 12:50 PM

I just want to comment on the offsides deal because I don't see a lot. But, if you are having problem with the penalties just set them to whatever feels good. I'm not really focusing on those for my slider set.

Also, I'd appreciate it if people gave these a try and let me know how they are playing. I can only update them so much as I play and it would move much faster if others gave feedback as well.

Equinox831 09-03-2010 05:38 PM

A ton of holding calls and dropped passes. They're pretty solid, but those two issues are bugging me.

MajaFiggaz 09-03-2010 06:43 PM

I'm heading into my 6th season as MTSU and I've decided to try your slider for this upcoming year. My team is universally rated C-. Every starting position on Offense or defense is held by players 69-77 except my two OLB positions(62 & 66). I also have a sophomore kicker rated 93 who I created this thread about - http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...wackiness.html

My first game with your sliders was a 61-10 massacre of North Texas.

however I decidedly am not going to judge your sliders on that game because NT is absolutely miserable ranking a D- in every category with a starting line up consisting of QB(56), RB(55), WR's(67,62,55) and 3 OL's in the 50's and and 2 in the 40's. This team is truly dreadful.

From what I can tell however it seems the passing game isn't too bad. Most of my scores resulted from things like a crossing pattern and my WR breaks the crappy saftey tackle and outruns there rest of these guys.

My starting RB only got 8 carries for 22 yard before I mass subbed. With the second string my #2RB got 112 yards on 23 carries. While like i said before NT sucks, but the running seems to be pretty good.

On D I had 8 sacks and pretty much destroyed there passing game. As for the CPU's running I stuffed them, but it seems to have the potential to be good. this may have been a complete by product of NT being trash, and bad play calling i.e. Speed Options with a 54 SPD QB. When they ran the ball behind the tackles they seemed to average 2-5 ypc.

My next game is against Marshall who seems to almost be a match with my team rating wise even though they have a weak Defense rated D+. hopefully i'll get a better game. I'll try and use that box score thing as well next time.