Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Game completely freezing constantly...anybody else? (/forums/showthread.php?t=440988)

nwfdwill 09-05-2010 04:04 AM

Game completely freezing constantly...anybody else?

I've had this game since it came out and have had really no issues until recently. Suddenly, my game is freezing constantly. When I get a huge lead or when I have to go to work, I tend to sim the rest of the game. More often than not, it freezes. Sometimes, it freezes while I'm playing a game. Interestingly enough, the game has not frozen on any screen except for being in a game. Before anyone asks, yes, I have looked at my disc and all is well with it. I'm curious as to see if anyone else is having this problem. I have the game for PS3.

ZoneKIller 09-05-2010 08:31 AM

Re: Game completely freezing constantly...anybody else?

no problems here.Im ps3 also.Madden on the other hand froze all the time.

jamesdevil 09-05-2010 09:50 AM

It has been happening to me recently as well (Slim PS3). Usually happens when I'm starting or ending a game though in the loading screen.

nwfdwill 09-05-2010 02:33 PM

I used to constantly have this problem with PS2 games, and it's the first time I've had it with PS3. I emailed EA Sports, and the tech told me to delete all of my Save Data. I remember they told me to do this a few years ago, and that was a waste of time. So, now I get to delete all my files. I hope it works. If not, that's gonna suck cuz I'm eight years into my Dynasty. :y220:

NoDakHusker 09-05-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwfdwill (Post 2041561134)
I used to constantly have this problem with PS2 games, and it's the first time I've had it with PS3. I emailed EA Sports, and the tech told me to delete all of my Save Data. I remember they told me to do this a few years ago, and that was a waste of time. So, now I get to delete all my files. I hope it works. If not, that's gonna suck cuz I'm eight years into my Dynasty. :y220:

If you have a way to back up those files, do it. That's a lot of time to throw away...eight years!! Although I doubt deleting those files will fix the problem. Seems like a waste IMO.

As for me, I haven't encountered any freezing. 360 here.

Marsh1081 09-05-2010 02:57 PM

I am having the same problem mine is xbox 360 also. I will be playing a game and again if I'm in a rush I sim defensive plays. My crashes have occurred in game upon scoring a touchdown and changing quarters. Again I have been playing my dynasty for six in game years now and have never ecountered this problem until recently. I remember this problem on some of the last gen consoles but have never had issues on the 360. Again the disc is clean and the console doesn't freeze as I can bring up my profile controls when the game freezes.

Any EA response would be very appreciated.

morieeel 09-05-2010 03:05 PM

This will sound like a EA Customer Service Reply but make sure the disc is clean. My disc seems very sensitive to any kind of marks on the disc. HAd this problem about a month ago (freezing ingame), but its been good ever since I make it a habit to double check. MLB the show is the same way one lil smudge & it locks.

Kobalt 09-05-2010 03:20 PM

Not for me, I don't think I only had once or twice that game froze on me.