Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Basketball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Your First NBA Game!! What was it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=441003)

jmarcguy 09-05-2010 09:42 AM

Your First NBA Game!! What was it?

To catch your breath while the Elite vs 2k battle is going, take a sec & look back at the first NBA games you played. Or bball in general.

I actually did play my friends stick figure Atari game as a kid! The first game that grabbed me was Lakers vs Celtics on pc. I remember it had Abdul Jabbar do his sky hook! Still basically stick figures though. I missed out on Double Dribble though. Everyone was playing it!

Mos1ted 09-05-2010 10:32 AM

Re: Your First NBA Game!! What was it?

Double Dribble was the first basketball game I remember playing. There was also Tecmo NBA Basketball. My favorite from that era was Bulls vs Lakers - the first series to incorporate signature style!

travis72 09-05-2010 04:21 PM

Double Dribble

youvalss 09-05-2010 04:46 PM

I played Lakers vs Celtics, but I know I played basketball games before that sometime in the 80's, even though they probably weren't called "NBA".

Probably some Bird vs Dr. J or Bird vs MJ or whatever they were called...but there were others as well.

Kashanova 09-05-2010 05:03 PM

nba jam/nba live 95

The GIGGAS 09-05-2010 05:06 PM

Tecmo NBA Basketball. I remember getting Horace Grant a 100-point game.

jmarcguy 09-05-2010 10:14 PM

Tecmo was crazy! It was very possible to have 100 pt games. All players looked alike but they looked like people at least!

Magic Johnson Fastbreak was 2 on 2 action. You could steal every inbounds pass & run the score up like crazy. There was some game where you could knock players down coming up the court. It was meant to be a funny take on bball.

NBA Showdown by EA had signature moves. Jordan in one of his last game appearances did a crazy windmill slam. No recognition of positions though. Centers would bring the ball up the court!! People today have no idea how good they've got it!! I also remember hearing the "it's in the game" thing for the first time.

TytheSportsGuy 09-05-2010 11:18 PM

NBA Jam in like 1996. Game is so dang good!