Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   offline players: do you help your rival? (/forums/showthread.php?t=441103)

White Out 09-05-2010 07:11 PM

offline players: do you help your rival?

Next dynasty I do, if I happen to have a rival who's a 2 or 3 star program I've decided to do their recruiting for them until or if they ever get to 4 star level. Anyone else thought of doing this? It's really easy to do, even if all you do is just start the year as the coach... load/reload the game and sign all the players who rank the school as 1, and forget about it. Example for me is with my UK dynasty I would take control of UofL... and in week 1 sign every player who has them listed as the# 1 school, to ensure that even if they recruit bad they have a great base to work from. Benefit being you don't have an easy win against your rival, they can grow in power as you do and have great rival matches later in your dynasty.

It's like reverse cheating.. i guess.

Roggie 09-05-2010 07:21 PM

Re: offline players: do you help your rival?

No way. I always play as schools I like, like UNC and U of M. I would NEVER help Duke, Ohio State, or Notre Dame recruit. Ever. Too much hatred for all my school's major rivals. I'd rather they suck and blow them out every year by 85.

Kobalt 09-05-2010 07:59 PM

Nope I don't do it and never will.

White Out 09-05-2010 08:14 PM

it doesn't make the game less interesting for you guys knowing your rival would suck?

im not talking about florida georgia, im talking purdue indiana... kentucky louisville...

prowler 09-05-2010 08:42 PM

I'm actually guilty of this. I was running a dual dynasty with Washington (sim games) and a cupcake TB school (play games) but this year with UW being so overrated I only controlled them for a year then switched to WSU... no one tell Potatoes.

I probably wouldn't if a) there were a way for bad teams to actually get better without player interjection ::cough::coaching carousel::cough:: or b) if Teambuilder rivalries weren't broken.

Hardin 09-05-2010 09:29 PM

I would never do this. Clemson doesn't need help from me. In fact they steal every prospect I create.

hazey 09-05-2010 10:24 PM

No help for my rival. Let them rot in hell of consecutive winless seasons!

BlastX21 09-05-2010 11:25 PM

Maybe for rivals like TC mentioned, but many rivalries are very intense. Not only do rivals like Texas-OU and OSU-Michigan hope they beat the other, they also hope the other team loses every game of the season. I dont see any fans of those teams trying to help the other.