Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   something noticed and now im speaking about it... (/forums/showthread.php?t=44117)

Dtownballa 07-31-2003 12:37 PM

something noticed and now im speaking about it...

Before you read note this: THIS IS MY OPINION, IM STILL BUYING THIS GAME WHEN IT COMES OUT.

I really dont like the new running animations, when they turn I dont know like how they lean, it looks like they are on motercycle taking a tight turn. I'm glad that they added momentum and all, thats a good step to being realistic, but they lean to much for me. I know it's something minor but i was wondering if anybody felt the same about it or diffrent?

Opinions anyone ?

**DONOTDELETE** 07-31-2003 12:44 PM

Re: something noticed and now im speaking about it...

Eh, sometimes I notice that... Like in an older video with the Steelers in throwbacks I think. It was on an instant replay. But other videos looked OK to me. I just wish I could see the full video and not just .gif of Alstott running. That looked great to me.

But I'll reserve judgement until I get the game from the store. VC appears to be going back and forth and really tweaking running and player models and stuff 'til the end.

You know, I kinda feel sorry for VC, 'cause they're really trying to give a good product but they get lambasted every year in sales and on forums.

sanders 07-31-2003 12:55 PM

I thought the same thing when I saw one of the videos where an Rb took a toss.

When he went to cut upfield it looked like the guy was tilted at a 45 degree angle.

Maybe it won't be an issue but if it is it would be a bummer.

Dtownballa 07-31-2003 04:03 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
sanders said:
I thought the same thing when I saw one of the videos where an Rb took a toss.

When he went to cut upfield it looked like the guy was tilted at a 45 degree angle.

Maybe it won't be an issue but if it is it would be a bummer.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

yup thats what im talking about..

Anybody else ?

mark1726 07-31-2003 04:55 PM

I never have liked the 2k running animations, they are too...well too unnatural looking is all I can say. The latest video of Alstott looked good, but I still think they need to work on running animations and add more momentum.

TexasJedi 07-31-2003 04:58 PM

They run like a bow-legged cowboy from the old west. I hope this is an area they improved upon.

sportsgeist 07-31-2003 05:36 PM

I hope all of you realize that human beings were motion captured for these running animations and you're saying they look unrealistic. The running animations were fine and if some of you rocket scientists would've notice while you were replaying these plays the camera is fixed on the ball which BTW is moving because the player swings his arms when he runs. If you take and fix the camera on the runner instead of the ball you'll notice a big difference and the player doesn't have the so-called herky jerky thing some of you complain about. I wish some of you can get jobs at VC and try and fix this running animation you have so much problems with. Just so the needless crying stops. Or better yet you become the person they motion capture so we can talk about how unrealistic your running is.

njskillz 07-31-2003 06:05 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
sportsgeist said:
I hope all of you realize that human beings were motion captured for these running animations and you're saying they look unrealistic. The running animations were fine and if some of you rocket scientists would've notice while you were replaying these plays the camera is fixed on the ball which BTW is moving because the player swings his arms when he runs. If you take and fix the camera on the runner instead of the ball you'll notice a big difference and the player doesn't have the so-called herky jerky thing some of you complain about. I wish some of you can get jobs at VC and try and fix this running animation you have so much problems with. Just so the needless crying stops. Or better yet you become the person they motion capture so we can talk about how unrealistic your running is.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

What you and VC don't seem to understand is that as great as the player models look, the gameplay, the atmosphere, etc., those running animations stick out like a sore thumb. They are definitely improved over last year but VC still can't get it quite right. The one and ONLY thing Madden has over the NFL2K series is running animations. Open field running in EA's football game is a thing of beauty. That being said, if VC wanted to copy anything from the Madden series, it should have been the running animations as opposed to the playcall windows. You are correct though that they are still tweaking so we just have to wait and see. It hasn't affected my desire and absolute obsession with getting this game but it is just frustrating to see a development team overlook it's most glaring weakness.