Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   In Season Progression (/forums/showthread.php?t=441731)

mjarz02 09-08-2010 10:25 AM

In Season Progression

Can someone please explain how this works. I simmed a whole season and saw ZERO progression for any team.
Do you have to play a game for it to happen?

wsboan11 09-08-2010 10:27 AM

Re: In Season Progression

refer to the ps3 impressions thread its the hot topic

Buckeyes_Doc 09-08-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjarz02 (Post 2041574994)
Can someone please explain how this works. I simmed a whole season and saw ZERO progression for any team.
Do you have to play a game for it to happen?

I think you do have to play a game for it to happen, I'm still trying to test it. If that is the case, I do not think it is a good thing. Because 99% of the games in dynasty aren't played, they are simulated.

rhinoceros 09-08-2010 10:48 AM

No one can explain how it works yet. No one knows. There's lot's of speculation, but not one person has demonstrated any concrete evidence of anything.

brza37 09-08-2010 12:00 PM

You have to look at the roster during the season. There should be a +1 next to a few players' ratings. But only a few players should actually improve their OVRs. Here's a quote from Russ Kiniry about it:
In-Season Progression

Buckeyes_Doc 09-08-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brza37 (Post 2041575349)
You have to look at the roster during the season. There should be a +1 next to a few players' ratings. But only a few players should actually improve their OVRs. Here's a quote from Russ Kiniry about it:
In-Season Progression

I checked out a few rosters last night. Alabama's, Florida, Air Force, and Cincinnati and did not see a +1 anywhere. I will have to check more tonight.

hazey 09-08-2010 12:22 PM

People have been saying that they just flat out aren't seeing any in season progression. Like either EA lied or they released the wrong patch or something. I'm wondering if it's something the tuner set that has yet to be released will fix.

BadAssHskr 09-08-2010 12:40 PM

it clearly states this.

Quote:

* In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.

Ability - being able (it means that they CAN not WILL)
Slight - light in form or build; not stout or heavy; slender
During The Season - over the course of time

seems pretty straight forward to me.