Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   CPU vs CPU Sliders (based off the Coach Mode Sliders) (/forums/showthread.php?t=442128)

Starfleeter 09-09-2010 07:37 PM

CPU vs CPU Sliders (based off the Coach Mode Sliders)

Alright, so I didn't really like playing coach mode a lot since I suck at defense and super-sim is really jacked up in the way in sims games with crazy stats so I took the coach mode sliders from youALREADYknow and adjusted them from watching CPU vs CPU games trying to get realistic stats/numbers.

With these sliders, CPU vs CPU games should have a realistic number of plays between 60-70 per team and won't inflate statistics too much (hopefully) so you should be represented in national rankings/award voting in a spot that makes sense based on your team's talent and the talent level of the teams you play. No longer will you always have the #1 offense, defense, etc just because you decided to watch your games (though you might have a turnover differential at times if you play bad teams).

Feel free to sim/watch games with these and tell me what you think. The CPU is horrible at running the option. If anyone has any suggestions to help with that, let me know. I'm going to play through a year of my UAB Dynasty and see how they look through the year keeping in mind that UAB is not a very good team so I'm not expecting amazing stats, just realistic ones based on my team and my opponents.

These are designed to be used in conjunction with adjustments to the Offensive Run/Pass and Defensive Aggressiveness sliders at the beginning of a dynasty for the most realistic experience.

I'm now using these coaching sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html

I decided to re-do the sliders and take into account that there is no user playing at all and that players should be playing based on their default ratings. I've tested these out and they seem to be pretty good starting point so I'll be posting statistics with these from now on.

Skill Level: All-American
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Fatigue: On
Play Clock: On
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 40
HFA Effects: On
Ice The Kicker: (Doesn't Matter in CPU vs CPU but I have it on)

Game Rules - Most penalties never get called so all of those are bumped up to hopefully get called more
Offsides: 95
False Start: 95
Holding: 55
Facemask: 55
Offensive PI: 95
Defensive PI: 95
KR/PR Interference: 95
Clipping: 55
Roughing Passer: 95
Roughing Kicker: 95

Custom AI
QB Acc: 40
Pass Blk: 50
WR Catch: 45
RB Abil: 50
Run Blk: 50
Pass Cov: 60
Pass Rush: 60
Interceptions: 30
Rush Def: 40
Tackling: 40
FG Power: 15
FG Accuracy: 55
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 70
Kickoff Power: 50

TeddyG 09-09-2010 07:56 PM

Re: CPU vs CPU Sliders (based off the Coach Mode Sliders)

OK, I used your revisions from the other thread. Here is what I had for Arkansas at Stanford, which I used because Luck and Mallet are probably the two best passers in the game. I used 8 minutes.

Ark Stan
Score 31 14
First Downs 15 21
Total Offense 400 324
Comp/Att/TD 19/28/2 14/31/0
Passing Yards 297 169
Turnovers 0 2
Fumbles Lost 0 0
Intercepted 0 2
PR Yards 13 10
KR Yds 51 136
Penalties 5-65 5-60
TOP 17:23 14:37

QBs as indicated above. Only the starters threw passes.

RBs: Stanford #34...21 car, 130 yards, 1 TD, 13 long
Arkansas #20...23 car, 123 yards, 1 TD, 16 long
Pancakes: Arkansas 4- Stanford 3
Sacks: Arkansas 1 - Stanford 4

Starfleeter 09-09-2010 08:11 PM

I think I might bump up QB Acc since it seems from the other thread and from the game you just posted that some QBs are just getting insanely low completion percentages. I'll see how it goes after I watch a few more games. I have only seen one game with someone in the 40% range but I noticed you and abirch10 are getting really low QB completion percentages.

abirch10 09-09-2010 08:16 PM

I might bump up WR Catching rather than QB ACC. I'm seeing way more dropped passes than passes going off the mark.

Starfleeter 09-09-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abirch10 (Post 2041582658)
I might bump up WR Catching rather than QB ACC. I'm seeing way more dropped passes than passes going off the mark.

See if that helps you out. I just like to see actually drops in the statistics and if a player drops a ball when being tackled, it's not considered a drop, it's considered an incomplete pass. Check your game stats and look at how many actual drops you have. If you're seeing more than 4 or so per team, let me know and I'll adjust it up and see how that works.

TeddyG 09-09-2010 08:34 PM

Wouldnt you be moving the QB Acc back to where it was?

I actually dont think its THAT bad. I think you also have to look at yards per completion. If you have a high yards per completion and a low completion percentage, this reflects that youre throwing the ball down field. I actually kind of like this. Its throw back.

Starfleeter 09-09-2010 08:43 PM

What I'm going to do for now is take a day or 2 to play through/watch my UAB dynasty and see how these turn on for my team and the others I play and I'll see if they need edited tomorrow.

abirch10 09-09-2010 09:09 PM

Had WVU over Marshall 34-23, where Marshall completed 65% of their passes with 5 drops and WVU completed 49% with 3 drops.

I think more testing before dropping it.