Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Are we good to start our BEAGM? (/forums/showthread.php?t=442222)

Vikes1 09-10-2010 01:08 AM

Are we good to start our BEAGM?

Just wondering if we can now confidently start our GM modes?

Meaning...has the star players stuck in the AHL been toned down enough to be halfway reasonable. Or should we still wait for a coming patch to get started?

I thought this might be worth a thread, so people would know if we're good to go or not.

Gagnon39 09-10-2010 01:33 AM

Re: Are we good to start our BEAGM?

I'm just about finished with my roster. Should be done tomorrow or Saturday. I'm starting immediately. I've simmed a season five different times using my roster and I have no problems.

It is funny because this was a huge issue, blowing up the forums for a day or two. Now it seems as though there were some tuner sets released here and there, an update, but still no official word from EA. Just posts on forums that give very ambiguous answers to questions and problems. Now it seems the topic has just gone away.

I still don't feel like EA really ever addressed the issue. Maybe, however, it was never an issue to begin with.

Vikes1 09-10-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2041584246)
I'm just about finished with my roster. Should be done tomorrow or Saturday. I'm starting immediately. I've simmed a season five different times using my roster and I have no problems.

Yeah Gagnon, I know you've been testing this a lot. And I appreciate you bothering to post your results. Yep, it would be nice to get an official word from EA Vancouver if a patch is coming to fix this at least, possible issue.

I think I'll get started soon too. I would imagine if a patch does in fact come, we normally don't have to restart our GM mode anyway. It eases my mind to hear things are going good with your testing.

HawkeyMediaPlus 09-10-2010 02:30 AM

what did you guys do with your roster? Did you edit CHL rosters too?
99f4a9fd-e815-4542-a1d5-bf23e7f6aee9

Gagnon39 09-10-2010 08:20 AM

Right now I've edited every NHL team (I was using default rosters). I've correct jersey numbers for every player, set the correct captains and alternates, as best as possible with some teams not having a captain.

There were about 5-10 players that are now retired that I removed from the game (made them a 36 overall and placed them in the free agend pool). I also lowerd the stats of Bradley Cooper (95 rated goalie) from Make a Wish down to 36 and kept him in the free agent pool.

The Blackhawks roster and Rockford IceHogs roster (AHL) are by far the most accurate, since this is who I'm using in franchise. I created 10 or so players who did not exist on the game that will be playing in Rockford this year, like Nick Leddy, Ben Smith, etc.

Today when I get home I'm going through all the CHL teams and removing any 21-year old players and placing them on their NHL team's AHL affiliate (or moving them to the NHL if they're ranked high enough, like Hall and Seguin). I'm also going to go through the remaining free agents and double check that they've not signed anywhere.

There's a post in the roster forum about my rosters if you're interested. I'll be happy to share them but I'm not really sure how to do it.

RealmK 09-10-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes1 (Post 2041584166)
Just wondering if we can now confidently start our GM modes?

Meaning...has the star players stuck in the AHL been toned down enough to be halfway reasonable. Or should we still wait for a coming patch to get started?

I thought this might be worth a thread, so people would know if we're good to go or not.

I think so, the only guys I see in the minors in mine are Drury, and Justin Abdicator, which makes sense since the Wings signed Modano and Hudler is back this year. Looks pretty normal on this end.

My one gripe is Billy Guerin is sitting in the FA pool and there's a couple other 80 rated players sitting there unsigned one week into my franchise. But I'm hoping they get picked up over the course of the season.

I'm not actually using Tyler Seguin on the main roster and he's in the system but too young to be on the AHL squad.

Gagnon39 09-10-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealmK (Post 2041584780)
I think so, the only guys I see in the minors in mine are Drury, and Justin Abdicator, which makes sense since the Wings signed Modano and Hudler is back this year. Looks pretty normal on this end.

My one gripe is Billy Guerin is sitting in the FA pool and there's a couple other 80 rated players sitting there unsigned one week into my franchise. But I'm hoping they get picked up over the course of the season.

I'm not actually using Tyler Seguin on the main roster and he's in the system but too young to be on the AHL squad.

Same here, I'm seeing Drury and Abdelkader in the AHL. Kind of frustrating being as how Drury is the captain of the team, but oh, well. I guess anything can happen. I hope that next year they give us control over CPU rosters. Especially the jersey numbers. I've spent an hour or two editing jersey numbers and I know they'll start to get screwed up (players wearing retired numbers).

Also, something funny I noticed is that sometimes, not all the time, when a player is put on a team that has the same number as a player already on the team, the player on the team changes his number and the new player gets the same number.

It would be like me bringing up an AHL player with #19, and Toews changes to #23.

kestrel 09-10-2010 09:06 AM

Considering those answers, I'd feel comfortable starting mine now, but I still plan on waiting until a roster is released that is supposed to represent the opening day rosters of the real NHL/AHL/CHL. Whether that be from EA (in a few weeks) or someone else (PetrPuck? maybe sooner?), I care not. Right now, I"m enjoying Be a Pro.