Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   All-American Sliders - Averaged from 6 sets (/forums/showthread.php?t=443215)

swhyte21 09-14-2010 03:15 AM

All-American Sliders - Averaged from 6 sets

Ok, so I have been toying with sliders too much lately, and I wanted to start fresh with a new base set. I went from destroying everyone, to getting blown out, so I had an idea. Take the best more popular AA sliders on the front page and average them out.

Credits, I used SECElite, SN, kkman187, Fistofrage and Megatron3, Goblue_08, and Canes21's slider sets. Thank you for your work.

Now in my opinion, some of these looked too easy, and some too hard, which made it perfect for averaging, so here is what came out.

All-American
Game Speed - Your Choice
Quarters - 8-9 minutes
Speed Threshold - 35 (thats just my opinion, not an average)

Any thing with a / means the average fell exactly in the middle between two numbers and could round either way.

Custom AI (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................15 - 20 (what I have been playing on actually)
Pass Blocking..................35 - 45
WR Catching...................45 - 50 (though I think I'd drop it down to 45 for equality here)
RB Ability.......................50 - 50
Run Blocking...................40 - 70
Pass Coverage................50 - 65
Pass Rush......................45 - 50
Interceptions..................35 - 40
Rush Defense..................30 - 70
Tackling.........................40/45 - 45
FG Power.......................30 - 30/35 (though I believe 20 is most realistic)
FG Accuracy...................20/25 - 60
Punt Power.....................40 - 50
Punt Accuracy.................30 - 75
KO Power........................40 - 50

SECElit3 09-14-2010 08:06 AM

So you took the sum for each setting, CPU and user, and averaged them out? Very interesting and props for a very creative idea! What you have come up with here, may make for a decent slider set actually. There are a few things, such as User QBA at 20, that I would change. Every QB regardless of rating throws like Drew Brees at that setting. 15 for the User and 10 for the CPU provides the most realistic performance from QBs on All-American, in my opinion. It is certainly not perfect but feels pretty dang close.

Anyway, enough of me already; I am very interested to hear the feedback on these.

kkman187 09-14-2010 08:52 AM

Re: All-American Sliders - Averaged from 6 sets

Funny thing is that my sliders fall mostly in line with the averages, except on special teams and rush defense. Guess I am mostly on the right track; also, this gives me some relief about overtweaking my sliders. Cool idea and nice statistics.

swhyte21 09-14-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElite3 (Post 2041604418)
So you took the sum for each setting, CPU and user, and averaged them out? Very interesting and props for a very creative idea! What you have come up with here, may make for a decent slider set actually. There are a few things, such as User QBA at 20, that I would change. Every QB regardless of rating throws like Drew Brees at that setting. 15 for the User and 10 for the CPU provides the most realistic performance from QBs on All-American, in my opinion. It is certainly not perfect but feels pretty dang close.

Anyway, enough of me already; I am very interested to hear the feedback on these.

I have found that 20 isn't that bad, I have had 92 rated QBs throw in the low 60s against my 78 rated CBs. I just think some people have one game where the QB starts out in a rhythm, and then they get frustrated and it looks worse than it is... or they just can't stop it.

I have played games with 20, and the QB % with coverage at 50:
41, 61, 48, 53, 50, 55, 60
And these are with fresh and soph DBs.
Though I do have a great DLine applying pressure, but I see nothing robotic. Sometimes that off passes they make are pitifully tossed into the ground.
Oh, and those DBs only have 3 total INT... they can't catch for ****.

swhyte21 09-14-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkman187 (Post 2041604511)
Funny thing is that my sliders fall mostly in line with the averages, except on special teams and rush defense.

Yeah, I noticed that too ha.

chino22 09-15-2010 05:10 AM

I've played two games so far with these sliders. Very fun games, realistic gameplay, good stats, etc. I beat New Mexico with Utah something like 62-17 I think it was. And I just lost a wild mostly defensive struggle with Iowa @ Arizona 26-18. I've been playing 9 minute quarters and with the threshold at 50. It seems to limit the huge plays with the threshold up that high but they still happen. But when they do it makes them all the more special instead of just feeling cheap and commonplace. As far as the QB acc being too high, I just played against Nick Foles of Arizona and held him to 50% passing. Now that was with Iowa's very good defense but I never got the sense of robo QB coming into play. Need to play more games to make sure. I also lowered Human FG power and accuracy.

chino22 09-15-2010 06:42 AM

Just played another "instant classic" between Clemson and Auburn. I won 24-17 with Clemson. Everything seemed great except yards per carry were rather low on both sides. I actually haven't seen the CPU have a good rushing total against me yet with these sliders. However, I haven't really played a strong power rushing team either.

pdiehm 09-15-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swhyte21 (Post 2041603782)
Ok, so I have been toying with sliders too much lately, and I wanted to start fresh with a new base set. I went from destroying everyone, to getting blown out, so I had an idea. Take the best more popular AA sliders on the front page and average them out.

Credits, I used SECElite, SN, kkman187, Fistofrage and Megatron3, Goblue_08, and Canes21's slider sets. Thank you for your work.

Now in my opinion, some of these looked too easy, and some too hard, which made it perfect for averaging, so here is what came out.

All-American
Game Speed - Your Choice
Quarters - 8-9 minutes
Speed Threshold - 35 (thats just my opinion, not an average)

Any thing with a / means the average fell exactly in the middle between two numbers and could round either way.

Custom AI (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................15 - 20 (what I have been playing on actually)
Pass Blocking..................35 - 45
WR Catching...................45 - 50 (though I think I'd drop it down to 45 for equality here)
RB Ability.......................50 - 50
Run Blocking...................40 - 70
Pass Coverage................50 - 65
Pass Rush......................45 - 50
Interceptions..................35 - 40
Rush Defense..................30 - 70
Tackling.........................40/45 - 45
FG Power.......................30 - 30/35 (though I believe 20 is most realistic)
FG Accuracy...................20/25 - 60
Punt Power.....................40 - 50
Punt Accuracy.................30 - 75
KO Power........................40 - 50

I worry about the human rushing with the CPU rush d up that high. At 55, I'm seeing the DL instantly get into the backfield (hum run block is set at 50).