Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   First Blog:Pistol (/forums/showthread.php?t=443683)

maddog1020 09-15-2010 08:43 PM

First Blog:Pistol

It is on the pistol and im hoping to influence people to at least try it outyou can find it here

Cornwallus 09-15-2010 11:24 PM

Re: First Blog:Pistol

Glad someone is giving the pistol some attention. I love the pistol and I'd like to get some more discussions going about how people are using it. Ohio's PB has been working well for me. I can still use my "crutch" plays from the SG sets they have.

I'm trying to emulate the same offensive Ideas as I use a coach in real life with the Pistol. Except I'm keeping all my audibles in the same formation. I like being able to see how the defense lines up and know exactly what I want to audible to. I just wish the animation was better for handoffs out of the pistol and that the read option worked better.

maddog1020 09-15-2010 11:32 PM

Yeah agreed on the slow handoff but I can use the read option effectively. I also use the nevada playbook because I like the mix of options and decent passes.

Slaticus 09-15-2010 11:54 PM

Can you imagine if there was a robust formation creator and a playmaker?

Running a wing-t look from a pistol set...omg so sexy. I am a big Wing -T guy and single wing. A highschool team I am affiliated with is number 7 in the nation and they run the Wing-T. and make it look soooo good. Camden County GA for the record. I love it.

maddog1020 09-16-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaticus (Post 2041613379)
Can you imagine if there was a robust formation creator and a playmaker?

Running a wing-t look from a pistol set...omg so sexy. I am a big Wing -T guy and single wing. A highschool team I am affiliated with is number 7 in the nation and they run the Wing-T. and make it look soooo good. Camden County GA for the record. I love it.

yeah i never understood why they took it out. my high school won 6 straight state championships and beat Rockhurst which is one of the top 10 schools in the country and we are like #30 but we run the flexbone and average over 400 yards a game and 60 points a game last year

Slaticus 09-16-2010 08:56 AM

Exactly. It is a viable option and should be added back into the game. Maybe not into online mode, simply because there would be a lot of ridiculous formations and insane plays but, as an offline mode it would be great.

maddog1020 09-16-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaticus (Post 2041614076)
Exactly. It is a viable option and should be added back into the game. Maybe not into online mode, simply because there would be a lot of ridiculous formations and insane plays but, as an offline mode it would be great.

agreed it needs to be back

65South 09-16-2010 10:56 AM

Firstly, nice blog Maddog, much appreciated. I tried using this offense when I first got NCAA, but I just wasn't having much luck with it. I would like to try and go back to it if for nothing more than to be able to have multiple ways to run an offense or to use something that it doesn't seem like a whole lot of other people use, but I just haven't been able to pick up the concepts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog1020 (Post 2041613290)
Yeah agreed on the slow handoff but I can use the read option effectively. I also use the nevada playbook because I like the mix of options and decent passes.

Secondly, this is what I have yet to figure out. Does the slow handoff affect all handoffs or just on option plays? Also, what counter do you use for this, if any?