Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   ESPN commerical during Bucs/Jets game said Sept 4th release date (/forums/showthread.php?t=44379)

ODogg 08-02-2003 04:54 AM

ESPN commerical during Bucs/Jets game said Sept 4th release date

Just thought i'd let you guys know who missed it (or ain't seen it yet) that about 45 minutes into the preseason Bucs/Jets game tonight (this morning??) that there was a very very brief ESPN commercial that lasted about 15 seconds showing First Person view and then it came up and said "In stores Sept. 4th"..

assbite 08-02-2003 04:58 AM

Re: ESPN commerical during Bucs/Jets game said Sept 4th release date

uhh...15 seconds? that was like 2 seocnds literally w/ the announcer saying QUICKLY "ESPN NFL Football, In Stores Sept. 4rh" and it was such a blur..uuuuuuuuugh, I so far am disappointed

ODogg 08-02-2003 05:01 AM

Yeah it did seem like about 2 seconds you are right but I was thinking (maybe wrong) that they sell commercials in 15 second increments is why I said that. Not a bad lil' commercial teaser for a better commercial later in the broadcast but if that's their ONLY commercial then it's a pretty bad move IMO.

ODogg 08-02-2003 05:25 AM

They just showed the same commercial again and you are right it is about 2 or 3 seconds. Maybe that's all ESPN could afford this year.

JohnDoe8865 08-02-2003 05:29 AM

The commercial I've been seeing is atleast showing some FPM footage. It isn't long, but it is a start. It is August now, let's see the ESPN promotion REALLY start now like they have said it would.

assbite 08-02-2003 05:30 AM

o man i laughed at it too...i didnt even recognize what teams were in the FPM preview b/c it was so fsat!

this is truly a disappoinment, hopefully, ESPN will get a nice phone call today from VC/SEGA ;)

K_GUN 08-02-2003 06:25 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
ODogg said:
They just showed the same commercial again and you are right it is about 2 or 3 seconds. Maybe that's all ESPN could afford this year.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

it wouldn't cost ESPN a dime to place an ad on their OWN network

assbite 08-02-2003 06:44 AM

K_GUN said:
ODogg said:

it wouldn't cost ESPN a dime to place an ad on their OWN network

EXACTLY! they've been promoting the hell out of their own show, Playmakers...like commericals every other commericial break.Imagine, take away 1/4 of those commercials and substitute it w/ ESPNFL Football, then I'd be happy

but now, I'm disappointed :/