Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   just had my first goal review (/forums/showthread.php?t=444847)

Maxil 09-21-2010 07:11 AM

just had my first goal review

I thought it had become a scrapped idea, as I'd played at least a couple hundred games since released and not seen a review yet.

Came off a deflection from the AI team in a Be A GM mode game. The deflectors stick Handle was above the post, but the butt of the stick itself was well below - they showed about 5 or 6 replays in various speeds then the ref muttered something to the box (no audio) and then put his arms straight out to the sides, declaring it a no-goal. Perhaps 2 lines of commentator audio through this whole procedure.

Any other goal reviews someone has encountered?

An

high34 09-21-2010 07:23 AM

Re: just had my first goal review

I have had 2 reviews in 7 games of BAGM thus far. Both were goals taken away due to my player kicking the puck in with his skates. It was a cool bummer.

Section_25 09-21-2010 07:36 AM

I've seen 2 reviewed, one counted, one didn't. I like that the goal review feature was added, but I'm glad it wasn't overdone. Good job on this EA!

18 eighty 5 09-21-2010 07:43 AM

I have seen one in my BAGM during the pre season. As soon as the goal when in off a deflection the ref called it off saying the stick was too high. Upon review the goal counted. This feature is a good addition to the game.

bruinsftw2k 09-21-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxil (Post 2041635766)
I thought it had become a scrapped idea, as I'd played at least a couple hundred games since released and not seen a review yet.

Came off a deflection from the AI team in a Be A GM mode game. The deflectors stick Handle was above the post, but the butt of the stick itself was well below - they showed about 5 or 6 replays in various speeds then the ref muttered something to the box (no audio) and then put his arms straight out to the sides, declaring it a no-goal. Perhaps 2 lines of commentator audio through this whole procedure.

Any other goal reviews someone has encountered?

An

I have had two so far, one was looking at a high stick and the other was for a kick in, both were allowed. I think this is a great aspect of the game.

plaidchuck 09-21-2010 10:23 AM

I think I just had the most questionable call you can have in the game on a high stick... the bottom of the stick and puck seemed to be JUST under the crossbar but the goal was still disallowed must've spent 20 mins or so looking at the replay... realistic though since it was inconclusive the call on the ice stood. I still disagree though :) Tried to save the clip but the damn game locked up..

Meeker 09-22-2010 11:20 AM

Question for everyone. I have only seen goals called off, then it was either overturned or the goal didn't count. Are there ever goals that are not waived off that are reviewed, or for a review does the goal have to be originally waived off?

Section_25 09-22-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meeker (Post 2041640899)
Question for everyone. I have only seen goals called off, then it was either overturned or the goal didn't count. Are there ever goals that are not waived off that are reviewed, or for a review does the goal have to be originally waived off?

I'm pretty sure that all reviewed goals are waived off (ref comes in waving arms) directly after the goal is scored, then after the replays the ref determines if it counted or not.