Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   No Huddle WR's (/forums/showthread.php?t=444878)

Watson 09-21-2010 10:35 AM

No Huddle WR's

So after 2 years at Marquette, I accepted a gig at Oregon

At Marquette, I ran Auburn's spread,and wasn't very good at it. (3-3-5 defense ftw) So, at Oregon, I decide to run the Tony Franklin system (more or less La Tech's playbook). 2 games in, and i'm noticing that when running NASCAR, I noticed that the more I run Nascar, the receivers fatigue fall like rocks. I mean, incredibely fast. Even when i'm pounding the rock, my receivers are near death. After I ran power twice on the first 2 plays, I noticed my WR's were red. I tested it out on other spread teams (Michigan, Penn St., Mizzou, even Georgia with La Tech's playbook) and it was all the same. WR's getting gassed plays before the OL even gets to yellow on running drives.

What's going on here?

jello1717 09-21-2010 11:47 AM

Re: No Huddle WR's

What do you mean by NASCAR? Are you using aggressive tempo? I always run with normal tempo as I found with testing when the game came out that aggressive tempo gases your entire team (it was all 11 guys for me) much much faster than the defense.

Using Michigan with Miss. St's and Oregon's playbooks, my receivers don't get overly tired. Even when I no huddle with 4 wide sets for several plays, I don't go past my 6 man depth chart even with my auto subs set to take them out before they become red.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried La Tech's pb so I don't know if it's an issue with the pb.

novadolla 09-21-2010 03:31 PM

Re: No Huddle WR's

Do not go "NASCAR" then.