Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I hate to say it but... (/forums/showthread.php?t=44561)

SportsAce 08-03-2003 09:33 PM

I hate to say it but...

I really hate to admit it but I think ESPN NFL Football will beat Madden for best football game this year.

MaddenMan 08-03-2003 09:45 PM

Re: I hate to say it but...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
SportsAce said:
I really hate to admit it but I think ESPN NFL Football will beat Madden for best football game this year.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Beat? As in what? Sales figures?

Explain what you mean by beat?

SportsAce 08-03-2003 09:49 PM

As in overall game. You know Graphics, Gameplay, etc.

SPTO 08-03-2003 09:50 PM

I'd agree with that SportsAce but I think Madden will have the better franchise.

Labatt6Pack 08-03-2003 09:54 PM

If u like Big Soap Box Racer Models that look like Robots then ya ESPNs graphics are better... I dont kno which will be better gameplay wise, Ill play both before i make any assumptions

DrEvil1996 08-03-2003 10:11 PM

I think each game caters to its own audience. People that like to play each game of a franchise might be better suited playing ESPN, while people like me that play maybe half the games are better off with Madden. I say that because I think Madden does a much better job with simulating stats and the offseason things are better for Madden too, especially now with owner mode. I think Madden is better for people that play alot of multiplayer, I know I have a blast playing multiplayer franchises with friends. ESPN is catching up in this category now that they FINALLY added multiplayer franchises.

I would also say that ESPN is the better overall game on X Box while Madden is better on the PS2. I say this because for me, online play is a big deal. If I only had an X Box I would buy ESPN, but as it is I only have a PS2. That is why Madden will likely be my only purchase.

KymeraGB 08-03-2003 10:23 PM

In my opinion SEGA has 1-2 more years before they pass Madden in best OVERALL football game.

I kinda wish SEGA put NFL 2k on the PC but that wont happen cause they can hardly afford to put comercials on TV.

if SEGA 2k4 was on PC id prolly get both this year, but i can see it eventually passing Madden if they keep up the work there doing with there franchise.

iLLWiLL 08-03-2003 11:02 PM

Simple as this -- if Sega's style fits your gameplay preferences, Sega's game is the winner. If Madden's style fits your gameplay preferences, then Madden is the winner. There will never be a clear winner...except Madden, in terms of sales