Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Psycho Defense Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=445768)

baller7345 09-24-2010 11:34 PM

Psycho Defense Question

The GB def playbook has the nickle formation Psycho but I've yet to see how it differs from nickle 1-5-5. In real life the formation is basically a jumbled mess with the linebackers seemingly picking random spots at least until the ball is snapped and then the play takes shape which is why the Pack call it Psycho.

So does anybody know if it is any different than nickle 1-5-5 in Madden?

roadman 09-25-2010 12:26 AM

Re: Psycho Defense Question

Probably not, I'd say it's a variation of the 1-5-5.

The Packers employ one down lineman and 5 LB's. It's something that Capers brought over when he was with the Steelers.

The Packers just use the word Psycho because you don't know what gaps the LB's will hit.

cheapargentina 09-27-2010 11:51 PM

watching the packers game just now i noticed the packers put jenkins in as the only DL guy and hes a DE the regular 155 uses the teams NT

baller7345 10-02-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapargentina (Post 2041667268)
watching the packers game just now i noticed the packers put jenkins in as the only DL guy and hes a DE the regular 155 uses the teams NT

Ok I know its very late but I think they do that because Raji just isn't producing the results they thought he would as nose tackle. Either that or they just want pure pass rush.

roadman 10-02-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baller7345 (Post 2041686068)
Ok I know its very late but I think they do that because Raji just isn't producing the results they thought he would as nose tackle. Either that or they just want pure pass rush.

Jenkins is the better pass rusher vs Raji.

PlatooN 10-02-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baller7345 (Post 2041686068)

that comment makes me think you have never seen raji play 1 snap..lol...he's a beast in the middle.

jenkins is more of a pass rusher and is more athletic

also
in the packers psycho, the 1 DLine man is standing.
in the 1-5-5 i believe the DL is in his normal 3 point stance.

cheapargentina 10-02-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falzon (Post 2041688970)
that comment makes me think you have never seen raji play 1 snap..lol...he's a beast in the middle.

jenkins is more of a pass rusher and is more athletic

also
in the packers psycho, the 1 DLine man is standing.
in the 1-5-5 i believe the DL is in his normal 3 point stance.

ur thinking of the 155 prowl where u have the NT standing
i checked it out the psycho is exactly the same as the regular 155

and raji is actually a beast NT just not fast enough or much of a pass rusher and that is the point of the 155 to get all ur top pass rushers on the field so it would make sense to have jenkins in there

PlatooN 10-02-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapargentina (Post 2041689331)
ur thinking of the 155 prowl where u have the NT standing
i checked it out the psycho is exactly the same as the regular 155

and raji is actually a beast NT just not fast enough or much of a pass rusher and that is the point of the 155 to get all ur top pass rushers on the field so it would make sense to have jenkins in there

in the packers psycho package cullen jenkins stands up between the C and the G

i know this topic pertains to madden...but madden doesnt have it right to begin with :p