Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like? (/forums/showthread.php?t=445978)

on my grizzle 09-26-2010 04:57 AM

Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like?

Everyone is super fast. What game speed do u prefer?

UMCanes93 09-26-2010 10:02 AM

Re: Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like?

I use slow speed

Sausage 09-26-2010 10:06 AM

I play on slow.

jbrew2411 09-26-2010 10:51 AM

Slow w/ speed diff at 20.

adembroski 09-26-2010 11:13 AM

I don't. I'm one of the few "normal" advocates on the board, I think, though I understand people's reservations with Normal.

I did play on slow for a good long while after the game was released. A few reasons: The animations are smoother, locomotion feels more natural, and I kind of enjoyed the very intense difference that occurs when you play Madden on normal after playing NCAA on slow. It highlights the differences between NCAA and NFL football to a greater degree.

I made the switch when I realized what Normal did to the difficulty of the game. The pass rush felt more intense, I had to make quick reads and get rid of the football, the athleticism of my tailback began to mean so much more. Reaction time and processing information quickly is a big part of the game of football, and I feel like Slow gives me a bit too much room for error in this regard. Normal just feels more intense.

jbrew2411 09-26-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2041658219)
I don't. I'm one of the few "normal" advocates on the board, I think, though I understand people's reservations with Normal.

I did play on slow for a good long while after the game was released. A few reasons: The animations are smoother, locomotion feels more natural, and I kind of enjoyed the very intense difference that occurs when you play Madden on normal after playing NCAA on slow. It highlights the differences between NCAA and NFL football to a greater degree.

I made the switch when I realized what Normal did to the difficulty of the game. The pass rush felt more intense, I had to make quick reads and get rid of the football, the athleticism of my tailback began to mean so much more. Reaction time and processing information quickly is a big part of the game of football, and I feel like Slow gives me a bit too much room for error in this regard. Normal just feels more intense.

What speed diff do you play on?

LucianoJJ 09-26-2010 12:08 PM

I play Normal speed. It is an improvement over the default speed of NCAA 10.

Azamien 09-26-2010 12:22 PM

I play on very slow. I feel it better matches the actual speed of college games, and just plays better in general than the higher speeds. However, I also use "coach mode". If I were manually playing the games I would probably use a higher speed.