Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   WTF? Oompa loompa MLB in the draft (/forums/showthread.php?t=447329)

Gordy748 10-01-2010 10:17 AM

WTF? Oompa loompa MLB in the draft

Last night I had a draft and got an MLB. 74 ovr with A potential.

Then I saw him on the field and thought there was a size glitch. He looked like a dwarf compared to Tatupu (who's short for an MLB at 6'). Just give him an axe and some horns and he'd have made a good dwarf character for world of warcraft.

Nope, no glitch... I checked and saw I'd actually picked a player that's 5'7" and weighs 242 pounds.

Not wanting to be heightist (I'm only 5'9), but how many world-class MLBs are there who are that short? As an RB he'd make a great bowling ball, but as an MLB?

bxgoods 10-01-2010 10:23 AM

Re: WTF? Oompa loompa MLB in the draft

You need to take a pic or we're not going to believe you.

RJTurneR 10-01-2010 10:26 AM

Or even be that bothered to be honest. I know this is a Madden forum but it is a bit irrelevant right? Unless you've seen 10 players all like this then it's not really an issue.

gzenius 10-01-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJTurneR (Post 2041682773)
Or even be that bothered to be honest. I know this is a Madden forum but it is a bit irrelevant right? Unless you've seen 10 players all like this then it's not really an issue.

you aint seen how messed up some of the draft classes are? ive only done a few drafts theres like 2 or 3 6'10 offensive linemen per draft. theres dts that are like 5'9 360.

Nunyerbiz 10-01-2010 12:16 PM

I drafted a fourth round MLB at 5'9" and 240lbs... His strength was rather low for an MLB, but all his other attributes screamed strong safety, so I converted him. His first game as a starter, he was burned for a touchdown on a pass that he leaped for and missed by an inch or two... damn oopma loompas...

Wesman 10-01-2010 12:20 PM

He'd be like the MJ-D of defense!

Ic3y88 10-01-2010 12:50 PM

There is a generated RB in the game named Brandon Jones he is 6'7 271lbs.

LionsFanNJ 10-01-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordy748 (Post 2041682742)
Last night I had a draft and got an MLB. 74 ovr with A potential.

Then I saw him on the field and thought there was a size glitch. He looked like a dwarf compared to Tatupu (who's short for an MLB at 6'). Just give him an axe and some horns and he'd have made a good dwarf character for world of warcraft.

Nope, no glitch... I checked and saw I'd actually picked a player that's 5'7" and weighs 242 pounds.

Not wanting to be heightist (I'm only 5'9), but how many world-class MLBs are there who are that short? As an RB he'd make a great bowling ball, but as an MLB?

I know the exact LB you're talking about. I had a choice between him and another MLB. Though his ratings seemed good, i didn't lik that height.