Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Crossing Routes (/forums/showthread.php?t=447448)

steeltown91 10-01-2010 09:28 PM

Crossing Routes

I am really stuggling stopping the crossing and slant routes. It really doesnt matter what defense i run. I have tried zone plays such as 9 velcro, cover 3, cover 3 and every man play. I realize that these routes take longer to develop so i blitz the qb as well. Most of the time i have no success in that because they will dump it off to the flats which are open in most zone blitzes or you just wont get to the qb and you
'll get torched. I was wondering if there was something im missing or of somone can provide me with help. Thanks in advance!!

Maelstrom-XIII 10-01-2010 09:51 PM

Re: Crossing Routes

Well slants, if you're talking quick slants, are actually some of the routes that take the shortest time to develop...they're designed for quick drops and quick releases...as far as crossing routes (and drag routes, I assume?), they do tend to take a little while for the receiver to run across the coverage...but they also tend to be open as zone coverage isn't as tight as it needs to be...a lot of people would probably advise manually controlling a safety or linebacker and popping the receiver when the ball gets there...

Dog 10-01-2010 10:59 PM

Re: Crossing Routes

Try cover 1. User the FS and take away the slant and bait him into a pick. If he throws to the other side the SS should be able to be in position to make a play if he is good in zone coverage. Also pressing really helps to take away short routes