Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rebuilding the Browns (/forums/showthread.php?t=450645)

loloben 10-13-2010 08:57 PM

Rebuilding the Browns

Da Browns!
I started a Browns Chise hoping to rebuild this anemic team. In my first year sim I went 12-4
Offseason Changes
Important Players I got rid of
G Floyd Womack
RB Jerome Harrison
RB James Davis
Important players I got
WR Reggie Bush (88 OVR at Receiver and Im stacked at RB)
RB Mike Tolbert 79 OVR (Goal-Line)
SS Roy Williams 71 OVR (Even though I drafted a safety in the 1st he has 95 Hit Power)
CB 98 SPD (Dont know his name has 98 SPD and is terrible at corner
Draft Recap (Did not Cheat)
1st Round SS Darius Ponder Miami Apot
2nd Round RE Jarron Taylor Florida Apot
3rd Round WR Tyson Wright Bama Apot
4thround RB Dami Johnson VT Apot
5th round RE Geno Jelly Auburn Bpot
6th round LT L.Davis Memphis Apot
7th round WR Brandon Harrison Bpot
Strengths
RB 86 OVR Dami Johnson, 83 OVR Peyton Hillis, 79 OVR Reggie Bush, 78 OVR Mike Tolbert (Also FB), and 76 OVR Montario Hardest
S 83 OVR Darius Ponder, 81 OVR TJ Ward, 75 OVR Abram Elam, 75 OVR Brandon Adams, and 95 HPW Roy Williams
Weaknesses
I have no depth at most positions and will use PS Free Agency to stack up
Last Thing Depth Chart at Skill Positions
QB 1 76 OVR Colt McCoy QB 2 68 OVR Jake Delhomme
RB 1 86 OVR Dami Johnson RB 2 83 OVR Peyton Hills RB 3 79 OVR Reggie Bush RB 4 78 OVR Mike Tolbert RB 5 76 OVR Montario Hardesty
WR 1 88 OVR Reggie Bush WR 2 82 OVR Josh Cribz WR 3 80 OVR Mohammad Massaquoi WR 4 76 OVR Tyson Wright WR 5 Brian Robiskie 74 OVR

bjm2210 10-13-2010 09:23 PM

Re: Rebuilding the Browns

i like how your rebuilding but reggie bush at WR

outspoknpoet 10-13-2010 11:36 PM

Neat-o!!!!

Gordy748 10-14-2010 05:32 AM

The CB with 98 spd sounds like Fabian Washington. I picked him up too. You'll find he's very useful for tracking those low-ovr, high speed WRs. He's also great with corner blitzes, definitely a better player than his ovr suggests.

I got Reggie Bush too, but kept him as second HB and also as 4th receiver. But I seldom run, instead include a lot of passes to HBs and FBs. Having Bush as both puts him all over the field, often in areas where he's up against weaker players.

Don't know about the Browns, but finding the strategies to rebuild the Seahawks and the Lions are completely different. Seattle's a good team of overall ok players; no great stars but reasonable depth. Detroit is the polar opposite; a few STAR players but they take so much cap space, which leaves little room for my usual ~80s pick strategy.

loloben 10-14-2010 08:20 PM

1st Game (Regular Season)
Lost to the Cards. They had a 28-21 lead in the 4th and I had the ball but I could not drive down field. When they got the ball back Chris Wells had 7 YPC so they easily won.
Offense I did great on Offense
Defense I played terrible on Defense. They passed and ran all over me. They have a QB with 85 SPD and Fitz. They worst part of this game is that they had 7 YPC. McCoy threw for 200 yards with 1 Rush TD 1 Fumble and 1 Pick. Joe Haden had pick six. Hope to do better next game
Player of Game (Me) Reggie Bush WR 5 Rec 109 Rec Yards

redsfan4life 10-14-2010 08:59 PM

The Browns aren't tough to rebuild really. Just get a solid QB and WR. The O-line is rock solid.

oneamongthefence 10-16-2010 02:56 AM

Ground pound and the browns are synonymous to me. Just need someone to compliment peyton hillis. A speedy back or maybe a good run blocking tight end who can catch passes if needed like Heath Miller.

jcottrell 10-16-2010 05:22 AM

You have me wanting to rebuild a team now:59:....how are you rebuilding your defense with speed or strength?