Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring Review (360) (/forums/showthread.php?t=451652)

RaychelSnr 10-18-2010 12:52 PM

Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring Review (360)

In the US wrestling is largely synonymous with the WWE. There are smaller competitors, like TNA and ROH, but they are not large enough to compete on a grand scale. However, in Mexico and Latin America, there are other options, one of which is the Asistencia Asesoría y Administración, also known as AAA. AAA's style of wrestling is far different from the WWE, which is easily seen by watching matches of the promotion.

Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring is the first ever AAA video game, which is coming out just weeks before WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011, a game with a much longer history, both in terms of the game franchise itself, along with the history of the promotion it's based on. AAA was founded in 1992, while the WWE's history stretches back to 1952.

In multiple facets, the game shows how young it is. There is a lack of fluidity to how the luchadors walk around the ring. If there is any kind of obstacle at all, you are immediately stopped in your tracks. There is a lack of wrestling moves to pull off, whether it is in a grapple, from the top turnbuckle or even standard strikes. There even seems to be a lack of responsiveness when trying to make moves of any kind, although it's mostly apparent when starting to run or trying to reverse attacks.

Read More - Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring Review (360)

The GIGGAS 10-18-2010 03:59 PM

Re: Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring Review (360)

Here you go guys. I know you were looking forward to my review.

What do you think?

JohnDoe8865 10-18-2010 05:10 PM

I haven't played it, but it sounds consistent with everything I've heard about the game. Seems like a fair score, but more importantly, a fair review.

CWood2 10-19-2010 07:33 PM

Confirms what I was assuming on gameplay. Too bad ... Smackdown looks like it's making a bit of a comeback, but I still can't get into any North American wrestling games.

Mota 10-20-2010 06:04 AM

I've played the game, it's fun and I agree with the review. There's definitely flaws. It's definitely not at the level of SvR but if you're in the mood for something different it's pretty decent. My son really enjoys making new characters with the mask creator, too bad you can only make 4.

Nature_Boy 10-21-2010 09:01 AM

Re: Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring Review (360)

Thanks for the review. After reading this, I think I will want until there is a price drop before I buy it.