Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rebuilding, Raiders or Bills? (/forums/showthread.php?t=452024)

NCMP 10-20-2010 12:06 AM

Rebuilding, Raiders or Bills?

What team do you think provides the most fun?

I've been reading up on the Raiders. I know about Asomugha, Seymour and Gallery, but that's about it. Seems like they've got some talent to build around with Bush, Branch, Miller, McClain... I know I missing more guys, but I'm not a Raiders fan obviously. I'm just going by sites like Bleacher Report.

Then I saw the Bills and suddenly the Raiders look good. I haven't done a lot of research yet on them, but from the default ratings, looks like almost anything is an upgrade. Their secondary looks good though.

I usually replace all the coaches and use the cheat sheet for the draft. :59: Not looking to take the to the Super Bowl after 1 draft, but the the playoffs should be in their immediate future, say year 2 or 3.

Can fans of either team tell me some key pieces? What team gets the nod here?

havokeff 10-20-2010 01:27 AM

Re: Rebuilding, Raiders or Bills?

Personally, I would say that the Raiders are further along than the Bills and say... the Browns.

The Raiders have more pieces in place and are pretty much only short a QB and a few lineman. Free agency alone may be able to fix them in Madden.

The Bills and Browns, man. Either or them have a laundry list of positions that need huge upgrades. I love the Bill's alternate/throwback uniforms just a little more than the Browns, so I would take them. :D

NCMP 10-20-2010 02:07 AM

I don't have the game yet... How are the Raiders and Bills salary wise? Any huge contracts? I know the Raiders were bogged down in Madden 10, not sure how much has changed.

havokeff 10-20-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCMP (Post 2041763352)
I don't have the game yet... How are the Raiders and Bills salary wise? Any huge contracts? I know the Raiders were bogged down in Madden 10, not sure how much has changed.

Dude, really, salary doesn't matter in franchise. Players never ask for what they really would and the salary cap gets so high so fast that after years 3-4, it is pretty irrelevant.

I have to actually go out of my way to get in salary cap trouble just so that I can rebuild the team I am using.

Sort of Irish 10-20-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havokeff (Post 2041763391)
I have to actually go out of my way to get in salary cap trouble just so that I can rebuild the team I am using.

The cap in my franchise is at like 200 million now...

But yeah the Raiders have a lot more talent in place than the Browns or Bills. Houston, McClain, and Branch will all get better and improve the defense. And the only outrageous contract in my opinion is Tommy Kelly's.

Offensively things aren't terrible. Louis Murphey and Heyward-Bey are decent enough and McFadden can get it done even with the mediocre O-line. I rushed for 950 yards with him in my first season with the Raiders which I thought was more than reasonable.

Bottom line: It took me about 3 seasons to get them into the playoffs as a wild card. It took me 6 seasons to win the Superbowl. Realistically I think the Browns would be easier to rebuild Bills but the Browns jerseys are terrible.

racerx 10-20-2010 12:23 PM

Being a Bills fan, I started a Franchise with them and I am currently 0-8, really just looking forward to the draft with either Locker, Luck or Ponder on my radar and then build from there.

Playing the game with no pressure and not getting too crazy from losing games just because I know what to expect from this team, but I am really looking forward to the draft and free agency and then I can start thinking playoffs in the next 2 years.

romeosdistress 10-20-2010 03:14 PM

im 11-2 with the bills my first season. i retooled the defense with free agents. mark anderson has 11 sacks. stroud is nuts at #2 dt. maybin has been really good at de. i also retooled the o line with free agents. you just need to retool the team to your style. team speed makes a big difference. nate davis and armanti edwards are my qbs. all about system man.

BobbyColtrane 10-20-2010 05:08 PM

I like the Browns to rebuild. I know im in the minority and i know they werent one of the options u listed.

I would try to develop Colt McCoy and u have Peyton Hillis, i like running w power backs.

Plus they are an old school NFL team and i like the plain unis.