Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   What does RT/R2 button do? (/forums/showthread.php?t=452518)

StormJH1 10-22-2010 10:26 AM

What does RT/R2 button do?

As I view different threads about this game, as well as some posts on PESmastery.com, I thinking that the right trigger (360)/R2 button (PS3) is a pretty useful button that I wasn't fully appreciating. What exactly does it do? Is it kind of like Vision Control in EA NHL games or Defensive lock-on in NBA 2k basketball (squares your player to the ball?)

I'm hearing people tell me that you can actually hold it to jostle around for position, kind of like you do with LT in FIFA. Also, when there's a header being sent to you and you hold RT/R2, it might improve your chances of completing the header.

What all does it do?

goz 10-22-2010 12:51 PM

Re: What does RT/R2 button do?

holding R2/RT when shooting creates a controlled or placed shot. I also us it all the time when the ball is in the air to get better position for a header, and to front/square up an opponent that has control of the ball.

PEACE! :headbang2
GOZ

StormJH1 10-22-2010 01:02 PM

Re: What does RT/R2 button do?

Thanks! It very clearly does other things when you don't have the ball...I'm pretty sure it acts like a "strafe" button on defense, for conservative marking. This feels a little awkward b/c in other sports games, you actually use LT to strafe and RT is turbo. Of course, I might be able to remap the buttons...

Can't wait to try out the jostling for headers later...I like FIFA's aerial game better, but I felt like PES's would be nearly equal if only you felt like you could DO something while the ball is in the air. (And it now appears that you can).