Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Dynasty (getting board with the current one) (/forums/showthread.php?t=452734)

johntom2000 10-23-2010 06:39 PM

New Dynasty (getting board with the current one)

I am thinking about starting a new dynasty prob 1* and go on with my Air Raid/Run n Shoot offense. I am 81-26 overall in my dynasty and kinda bored with it and I don't know If I want to keep it or delete it. What do you guys think?

Pogo27 10-23-2010 07:44 PM

Re: New Dynasty (getting board with the current one)

I was immensely joining a dynasty with a conference made entirely of teambuilder teams. Unfortunately, my save file corrupted, or I'd still be playing it.

Hellisan 10-23-2010 08:11 PM

I just want to warn you that if you go with a 1-star team you can be looking at problems.

I started a 1* dynasty with San Diego State, and even though we had the talent to go 8-4 and 11-1 our first couple seasons.... the talent dries up and you can't get much with 1* prestige. I'm now a 3-star team so i have a tad more ability recruiting wise, however, my talent is completely dried up in year 3. I'm starting players all over the place in the low 60's. Maybe you're better at the recruiting side of things than me, I dunno.. Just a heads up.

johntom2000 10-23-2010 08:44 PM

I am 84-26 and went from UVA, tenn, la tech, florida, now to ark st. Thinking about just keeping this one and don't start a 1 * program. What do you all think?

sleepyeagle 10-23-2010 09:34 PM

If you do start a new dynasty with a 1* team, be prepared to spend about 3-4 years after your seniors leave before you get anymore real talent.

I run a dynasty with MTSU, and like everyone else says, talent is hard to come by in recruiting. In my dynasty it's 2014 and I'm just now starting to consider going after 4* guys. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good 3* and even 2* players with decent ratings in the appropriate categories, but your grades for Offense, Defense, and Overall will almost certainly take a hit the first couple of seasons.

It's been a little disheartening to see my defense go from a C+ the first year to a D and stay there for the next several years. Games ultimately turn into shootouts, because it's easier to play offense most of the time, and the skill players are usually easier to find.

Make sure you can score, on almost every drive. Eventually you will have the team you want. Now I'm so deep in my dynasty that I'm not sure I can handle starting over and going through the sea of 50's and 60's rated players for 4 years.

vusa92troy 10-23-2010 10:09 PM

I am playing with Tulsa as a beta test team for sliders and I am having a good time with it. My recruiting is fine for a CUSA team and I am restocking on recruiting with a focus on my pipelines. I have OK, TX and am working on MO and NB. I always focus on guys that want to play for my school and on my needs. If a player is 200+ points out on coming to my school, then I let him be. Focus on making sure that you have depth in your system and focus on players that will be assets to your system. You should be fine.

NFLEnthusiast 10-23-2010 10:57 PM

If your planning to do a 1* program like everyone has said, you got to have your heart in the team to put up with them that long. In the end you will feel the accomplishment. If your looking to have an alright team at the beginning and making them a power house fairly fast then I would recommend a 3* or 4* team. Any *'s above that is pretty easy to get good players.

It's all about how much you like the team, and how much time your willing to put into it.

johntom2000 10-23-2010 11:37 PM

I think I am going to stay with my current one. I already got my name in the books and may switch schools one more time if not two. I am not that hot about going through 50 and 60 freshmans. I am already doing that at ark st with my coaching resume. :(