Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   The Legacy of the Appalachian State Mountaineers (/forums/showthread.php?t=453092)

JSHT21 10-25-2010 07:09 PM

The Legacy of the Appalachian State Mountaineers

Dynasty Settings
  • Difficulty: All-American
  • Sliders: SECelite's
  • Using coaching sliders
  • Rosters: luvtotha9s
House Rules
Control the MLB on Defense.
No money plays on offense.
SIM style Play calling.
Recruiting, limited to one stars above current team prestige. (One exception per season.)

Dynasty Goals
The goal of this dynasty first and foremost is to have fun. The secondary experience will be to create an realistic portrayal of Appalachian State going to FBS football.

Dynasty Layout
Each week I will post a article of what to expect from the game, then a summary of the game with a box score, a few pictures, and maybe a video clip. Every 2-3 game weeks I will post the Top 25 and Heisman Watch. Along with the big games and results of the weeks in the period.

JSHT21 10-25-2010 07:10 PM

Re: The Legacy of the Appalachian State Mountaineers

Boone, North Carolina
Posted June 12, 2010.
It has been announced today that the Appalachian State Mountaineers will be moving up to the highest level of college football this fall. ASU athletic director Charlie Cobb has been considering this move for years.
"I've believed in this program for years, we have the talent and the willpower. This fall we will show the nation that we do have what it takes to be in the highest level." - Charlie Cobb
Appalachian State is most known for their upset over then the No. 2 team in the country Michigan, in the Big House. Many college football experts to this day state that this is one if not the biggest upsets in the history of football as a whole. Appalachian State also won three consecutive FCS championships, from 2005-2007.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N9zpDEsqrbs?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&col or2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480">

We were able to reach one ASU player for comments.
"I'm looking forward to the move. I don't know who we will be playing, or in what conference but I can not wait. It will be exciting, hopefully there will be more "upsets" in our future. I think we have the overall talent to make this happen." - Coco Hillary
There has not been a statement of which conference ASU will join. There have been reports of the Big East, C-USA, and the ACC are all open to ASU joining their respected conference. When Cobb was asked which conference he would prefer, he only had this to say.
"It really doesn't matter to me. ACC gets an automatic bid, the Big East has tradition, and the C-USA has some nice talent in the conference. Either way I can not wait to find out our schedule. This fall will be one ride no ASU fan will forget." - Charlie Cobb
Coach Jerry Moore was available for a telephone conference.
"This summer will be hard. There is no time to celebrate on the move. We have to start working now. We are good, but moving to the FBS and playing a FBS team every week will be an entirely new setting. My team will have to be both physically and mentally strong." - Jerry Moore
This fall is shaping up to be one of the most exciting in college football history. With news of other conference re-alignments in the works and now this big move. College fans will have plenty to cheer about.

JSHT21 10-25-2010 07:27 PM

Boone, North Carolina
Posted July 27, 2010.
It was confirmed late last night that Appalachian State will be joining the C-USA conference. There are reports that ASU will replace Memphis, in the eastern division. There are no reports as to where Memphis will go. ASU athletic director Charlie Cobb was pleased with this decision.
"This is a great move for us. This will put us in a conference with a natural rival, East Carolina. This season is going to be exciting and I can't wait to get it started" - Charlie Cobb
ESPN reporter JH Toole was able to catch up to Cobb and get a quick interview.
JH Toole - "Charlie, where is Jerry Moore, we haven't heard much from him this off-season? Is the pressure getting to him?"

Cobb - "No, no no. He and the team are working around the clock to prepare for the season. They don't want to be a bust, they really want to come out of the gate swinging and at least contend for the C-USA championship."

JH Toole - "How is the out of conference schedule looking? Any big names offering to play you? At home, away?"

Cobb - "At this moment we have plenty of offers. Michigan is thinking of a rematch from 2007, Boise State is trying to get us to go play on the blue turf, Clemson is trying to get us to sign a three year deal. Two at Death Valley and one here in Boone. We personally have reached out to Duke and North Carolina State. No team has officially signed a deal with us, and we are still open to options on the table."

JH Toole - "Do you honestly expect results this year? Or is this season a learning one, so that you can tell what it takes to be an successful FBS school."

Cobb - "We will be trying our best to compete in the C-USA. Our guys are use to winning, so that is what we will be trying to do."

JH Toole - "Alright, thank you for your time, and good luck to your program this year."

JSHT21 10-25-2010 07:32 PM

Pre-Season

2010 PreSeason

<link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><table class="osdyn" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="575"><tbody><tr class="masthead_alt"><td colspan="4" bgcolor="#110102">NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Aug 1, 2010</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="8%">RK</td><td width="47%">TEAM</td><td align="center" width="20%">RECORD</td><td align="center" width="25%">LAST WEEK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>1</td><td>Alabama</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>2</td><td>Ohio State</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>3</td><td>Texas</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>4</td><td>Oregon</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>5</td><td>Boise State</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>6</td><td>Florida</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>7</td><td>Virginia Tech</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>8</td><td>TCU</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>9</td><td>Nebraska</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>10</td><td>Iowa</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>11</td><td>Wisconsin</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>12</td><td>Georgia Tech</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>13</td><td>USC</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>14</td><td>Miami FL</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>15</td><td>Oklahoma</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>16</td><td>Pittsburgh</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>17</td><td>LSU</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>18</td><td>Penn State</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>19</td><td>Oregon State</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>20</td><td>Arkansas</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>21</td><td>Florida State</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>22</td><td>North Carolina</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>23</td><td>Utah</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>24</td><td>Cincinatti</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>25</td><td>Houston</td><td align="center">
</td><td align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

<link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><table class="osdyn" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="575"><tbody><tr class="masthead_alt"><td colspan="5" bgcolor="#080001">Heisman Watch - Updated: Aug 31, 2010</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="25%">NAME</td><td align="center" width="7%">POS</td><td align="center" width="25%">SCHOOL</td><td align="center" width="5%">
</td><td align="right" width="38%">SEASON STATS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Mark Ingram</td><td align="center">RB</td><td align="center">Alabama</td><td align="center"></td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Case Keenum</td><td align="center">QB</td><td align="center">Houston</td><td align="center"></td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Kellen Moore</td><td align="center">QB</td><td align="center">Boise State</td><td align="center"></td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Terrelle Pryor</td><td align="center">QB</td><td align="center">Ohio State</td><td align="center"></td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Jake Locker</td><td align="center">QB</td><td align="center">Washington</td><td align="center"></td><td align="right">
C-USA Projected Results
<link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><table class="osdyn" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="575"><tbody><tr class="masthead_alt"><td colspan="7" bgcolor="#871016">C-USA East Division Conference Standings - Updated: Aug 1, 2010</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="40%">TEAM</td><td align="right" width="10%">REC</td><td align="right" width="10%">PCT</td><td align="right" width="10%">CONF</td><td align="right" width="10%">PF</td><td align="right" width="10%">PA</td><td align="right" width="10%">STRK</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>East Carolina</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>UCF</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Appalachian State</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Southern Mississippi</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>UAB</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Marshall</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
<link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><table class="osdyn" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="575"><tbody><tr class="masthead_alt"><td colspan="7" bgcolor="#871016">C-USA West Division Conference Standings - Updated: Aug 1, 2010</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="40%">TEAM</td><td align="right" width="10%">REC</td><td align="right" width="10%">PCT</td><td align="right" width="10%">CONF</td><td align="right" width="10%">PF</td><td align="right" width="10%">PA</td><td align="right" width="10%">STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>SMU</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Houston</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Tulsa</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>UTEP</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>Rice</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Tulane</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
</td><td align="right">
Boone, North Carolina
Posted on August 1, 2010.
Jerry Moore has stated he is happy with the predictions of the C-USA.
"I'm happy with these predictions. People have to realize this is our first season in the FBS. Yes we are a good team, but you can't expect us to come out of the gate and be in a BCS bowl. I'm not saying it can't happen, but you have to be real about this things. Where they have us predicted now, I like it. Why you ask? Well see I don't see us doing worse than that, but we can do better. Gives us a good set of goals. Something to set our sights on and try to achieve." - Jerry Moore

JSHT21 10-25-2010 08:03 PM

Boone, North Carolina
Posted on August 12, 2010.
Jerry Moore, Charlie Cobb, and the Appalachian State Mountaineers are to release their 2010 schedule and Depth Chart this afternoon. The country and media are all waiting patiently for the information. The story following Appalachian State has been the biggest story of the summer, as they make their historic move to the FBS.

Appalachian State Schedule 2010:
8/26 at Michigan (Thursday Night Game [Opening Game of Season])*
9/3 vs. West Virginia University*
9/11 at Bowling Green
9/18 vs Maryland
9/25 at Southern Miss
BYE
10/6 vs. UCF
10/16 at ECU
10/23 vs UTEP
10/30 at UAB
11/6 vs. Marshall
11/13 at SMU
11/20 vs Tulane

Bold - Home Game
* Rival Game
"I'm really liking this schedule. We have a tough two games. They will be our early tests. From the results we can see what to expect from the season. We then don't come home agian until Homecoming, it should be a good game against a tough ACC school. The rest of the schedule should be pretty manageable for us. With the only exceptions being ECU, SMU, and UCF. I can reasonable seeing us win 6 to 7 games and going to a bowl. I know I will be happy with that and I think Charlie [Cobb] would be too." - Jerry Moore
The athletic department at Appalachian State have also released a short list of goals for Coach Jerry Moore. Cobb has admitted these goals are a little steep, but the universities supporters are expecting good things.
"We have very steep expectations for Jerry and his squad. I understand that it may be too much to ask for but.. We would like for him to get a victory against Tennessee and Louisville this season, and at least finish in the top 3 of the C-USA. If Jerry and his boys can accomplish 2 out of 3 of these goals we will be insanely happy." - Charlie Cobb
(depth chart will be posted tomorrow. Schedule will be filled out in the morning.)

vusa92troy 10-25-2010 08:15 PM

As a long time Michigan fan, I hope that you get fired and run the program into the ground.

:0)

GL!

JSHT21 10-25-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vusa92troy (Post 2041783655)
As a long time Michigan fan, I hope that you get fired and run the program into the ground.

:0)

GL!

Sadly, I'm having trouble finding a week I can play Michigan in the first season. Right now out of conference I have Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Louisville, and Tennessee. Pretty tough out of conference.

I downloaded the crappiest version of App State from team builder also. One of them had all the players in the high 80s and 90s. I thought that would be way too unrealistic.
Right now everyone is in the 70s with a few in the 60s and two or three in the 80s.

BrnwsBucksFanNC 10-25-2010 08:46 PM

Nice choice of schools! I will be following. Might give us an idea of what will happen if they do move up in a couple of years.