Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Franchise Mode/Create a Player (/forums/showthread.php?t=453113)

niftyjets 10-25-2010 09:10 PM

Franchise Mode/Create a Player

Does anybody know if you can create a player in franchise mode. Im currently playing a franchise and I want to create a player to add to my team

shugknight 10-25-2010 09:12 PM

Re: Franchise Mode/Create a Player

No, have to do it before you start a Franchise.

havokeff 10-26-2010 12:01 AM

It is one of those features that used to be in franchise mode, that for some reason, was removed.

cl34v4g3 10-26-2010 12:22 AM

If you have ncaa 11 you can create him as a senior all 99s and then inport the draft class and draft him. Being a senior you just have to sim the one season and being all 99s he should come over to madden in the mid 80s at the lowest.

Gordy748 10-26-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havokeff (Post 2041784688)
It is one of those features that used to be in franchise mode, that for some reason, was removed.

Another victim of the Tiburon Moonwalk Shuffle. I really don't understand why they bother to take the time to take things out that are perfectly fine and don't do any harm, when the same people could be working on fixing things do do need updating.

Smacks of Dogbert management philosophy.

Sort of Irish 10-26-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordy748 (Post 2041785269)
Another victim of the Tiburon Moonwalk Shuffle. I really don't understand why they bother to take the time to take things out that are perfectly fine and don't do any harm, when the same people could be working on fixing things do do need updating.

Smacks of Dogbert management philosophy.

Tiburon seems to function a lot like the Marine Corps; if something makes too much sense it's probably not a good idea.

GlennN 10-26-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cl34v4g3 (Post 2041784791)
If you have ncaa 11 you can create him as a senior all 99s and then inport the draft class and draft him. Being a senior you just have to sim the one season and being all 99s he should come over to madden in the mid 80s at the lowest.

That's a great idea! I created a player before I started my franchise, but I could not get the player to actually enter a game. Tops on the depth chart, healthy, full stamina, yet he always stayed on the bench. I got fed up, changed my . . . I mean . . . his name and traded him for picks. Now, maybe I'll try again with this idea.

kpkpkp 10-26-2010 02:17 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread OP, but...

If you create a player before starting a franchise, what potential does he end up with? I dont re-call being able to choose it... is it random?