Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Make Madden more arcade? (/forums/showthread.php?t=453339)

ryan36 10-27-2010 01:05 AM

Make Madden more arcade?

I'm usually a sim player, and this is not a joke...but Madden has lost that "fun" factor for me.

Since Madden is in an identity crisis, and trying to be all things to all people, they should just make it arcade. 11 on 11, full rosters, all of that...good presentation , stat overlays...but let's just switch the focus of the game...

I for one, think it would be a TON more fun, if they went this direction. Fast paced action, big hits on D. I mean ratings would still matter, etc...but instead of taking an arcade-ish original build and making it sim, wouldn't it be more fun if it were more true to its original design?

The GIGGAS 10-27-2010 01:06 AM

re: Make Madden more arcade?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan36 (Post 2041788533)
I'm usually a sim player, and this is not a joke...but Madden has lost that "fun" factor for me.

Since Madden is in an identity crisis, and trying to be all things to all people, they should just make it arcade. 11 on 11, full rosters, all of that...good presentation , stat overlays...but let's just switch the focus of the game...

I for one, think it would be a TON more fun, if they went this direction. Fast paced action, big hits on D. I mean ratings would still matter, etc...but instead of taking an arcade-ish original build and making it sim, wouldn't it be more fun if it were more true to its original design?

Ryan, usually I'm an antagonist to your stupid ideas, but this idea isn't stupid. You're 100% right.

BurghFan 10-27-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GIGGAS (Post 2041788537)
Ryan, usually I'm an antagonist to your stupid ideas, but this idea isn't stupid. You're 100% right.

Agreed x2. Madden (and to a lesser extent NCAA) stopped being fun for me years ago. I miss the days when the controls were simple and I could just sit back and play the game without having to think so much about what pre-snap adjustments I should make and whatnot.

ryan36 10-27-2010 01:11 AM

It seems like it would make the product seem less "half finished." I think most of us here want a sim game, but I don't think this build can do it. It wasn't designed that way at all. Maybe some of the broken feel could be fixed, and Madden could be fun again

boom.h 10-27-2010 01:12 AM

I didn't know Mods could troll.

Dog 10-27-2010 01:13 AM

This is why we all had more fun playing NFL Blitz than playing Madden. Madden has become too "serious" now in trying to recreate exactly what we see on Sunday, and since it is only a video game, it is near impossible to reach that goal. Going arcade would be the best thing for Madden's future.

Heck, when I played the BackBreaker demo, I had more fun than I ever did playing Madden 10

CreatineKasey 10-27-2010 01:14 AM

Another upside to going further away from reality is simply eliminating the comparison. Sim games are up against the near impossible task of mirroring reality.

I would prefer balance and robust arcade gameplay over what we have now. If they could balance all exciting aspects of football into an arcade format, I'd enjoy it a lot. One example would be ensuring that defensive pass rush still existed along with a real opportunity for strategy. They could stray from sim, but still have robust, deep gameplay and strategy.

Good post.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ryan36 10-27-2010 01:16 AM

I'm not trolling, dude. I'm actually thinking this might make the game more polished. Seriously, the more I think about it, it seems that this game for whatever reason, struggles with certain sim elements. If they made it more arcade, I'm thinking that it could possibly be more fun. And maintain a lot of it's depth.

My problem with "arcade" sports titles is they all have power ups, limited rosters, no fatigue ,etc...what if EA were just to admit they have an arcade product , and incorporate the sim stuff they already have? It seems to me maybe some of the gameplay glitches wouldn't gamekillers. I'm just throwing it out there.