Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Coaching Personality? (/forums/showthread.php?t=453670)

risewithus56 10-28-2010 10:37 PM

Coaching Personality?

Which personality should I roll with? I typically just go with the one that suits me best personally (Captain usually), but what have you guys found works the best?

damonb10 10-29-2010 01:31 PM

Re: Coaching Personality?

i'd be curious as well. It seems that personality would impact how you relate to different player's personalities.

bsurocksrule 10-29-2010 03:52 PM

I prefer either Ally or Optimistic. If you choose Ally, you will be able to sign most Free Agents for what ever deal you want. Or choose Optimistic. Optimistic will help you financially when you sim.

risewithus56 10-29-2010 06:52 PM

Cool. I read your Do and Don't list, bsu, and I saw Ally helped. Besides, I guess it could make sense anyways. :P Nice list by the way!

Your Blondeness 10-31-2010 06:58 PM

Most useful personality in my opinion is Ally because players aren't total a-holes during negotiating and it's somewhat easier to gain approval from players and fans. Goes well with charm and charisma too.

I always go with the Headliner personality because that's how I'd describe myself in real life. Kinda like a Rex Ryan minus the obesity and less trash talking...plus blonde hair!

BrnwsBucksFanNC 10-31-2010 07:17 PM

I usually go with Captain or Analyst. I dont seem to have trouble signing players and either one of them are like I am IRL. I tend to use Analyst more than anything though. I will spend days going over the numbers before the draft...

I think if you try too hard to second guess the game it can distract from the fun of playing it. I would just try to choose who matches your personality so you are not trying to remember "who you are" so to speak.

IconicInstincts 11-07-2010 12:12 PM

Ally FTW!

Players RARELY walk out of negotiations and you can haggle way better. I also think it's easier to keep your approval rating high too.

stumpy-p 11-09-2010 05:06 PM

Commander, and if you don't like it...there's the door. :coola: