Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does this bother anybody else? (/forums/showthread.php?t=453729)

niftyjets 10-29-2010 09:31 AM

Does this bother anybody else?

My buddy and I always play a franchise offline together. We wait till the week 1 roster update comes out and then we usually play the franchise for 4 or 5 seasons and then we update the rosters and then start a new franchise.

But while were playing the 1st one it drives me crazy when moves happen and i cant update during the season. For example Randy Moss still being on the Pats when he is now on the vikes.

Does anyone agree?

jvaccaro 10-29-2010 09:49 AM

Re: Does this bother anybody else?

what if you were controlling the Patriots in your franchise. Would you really want to trade him for a 4th round pick? I'm sure you'd be pretty upset if your franchise automatically traded one of your best players away. It wouldn't be YOUR franchise any more if the game did that.

I just don't see any good way to implement roster updates to existing franchises. If you want to control every team, you could manually push the trade through, but I don't understand why you would...

Reejer 10-29-2010 12:09 PM

One way to work around that, is by selecting all of the teams at the begining of the season. Then you can trade players during the season manually, and just sim the games that you don't want to play.

I wish that they would bring back the in-season create-a-player that they used to have M-06' (PS2), so you can produce players that Donny didn't put into the game. And it would be nice to bring back the in-season player editor in which you could edit the players attributes (M-04'/05' PS2 (I'm not positive on which years they had this option, but I miss it)).

I know it's not Burger King and you can't always get it your way, but I wish that they would dump the potential rating or at least make it editable for existing players, because that used to be the fun part about F-Mode (building up your scrubs).

maademperor 10-29-2010 08:54 PM

another good question is if you did start a new franchise, will the game actually track the fact that the trade happened and give NE the Vikings 4th rounder? I dont think it does...pretty sure the vikings have moss but the pats dont have anything.

nwfdwill 10-30-2010 02:26 AM

Well, one problem with this theory is that the game only allows for ten draft picks, and the Pats always have more because of the deals they make. I don't think there'd be a feasible way for them to do this.

And in response to the user about that posted about potential, I completely agree. This is what has pissed me off ever since the move to next-gen. I had a guy from NCAA that I drafted on Madden. His rating as a SR on NCAA was 97. I drafted him on Madden, and his potential was a C :(

jvaccaro 10-30-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maademperor (Post 2041798114)
another good question is if you did start a new franchise, will the game actually track the fact that the trade happened and give NE the Vikings 4th rounder? I dont think it does...pretty sure the vikings have moss but the pats dont have anything.

No, madden doesn't have any way to factor in future draft picks, unfortunately

maademperor 10-30-2010 11:05 AM

now that is something that needs fixing to properly simulate the nfl...this version doesnt even allow us to trade future draft picks at all, add to that it doesnt accurately assign picks due to league transactions. madden 12 better deliver something on the franchise mode

LILWOYYA 10-30-2010 02:00 PM

idk maybe not or maybe so