Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Question regarding FAs in Madden 2004 (/forums/showthread.php?t=45447)

Psyblast 08-10-2003 02:34 AM

Question regarding FAs in Madden 2004

Well, in Madden 2003 in the off-season it would seem the marquee players would ALWAYS resign with their team. That's okay, but usually every year there's a few guys that go to free agency and end up on a new team (Seau, Douglas, Price, etc.). But in Madden 2003 they would always resign and I could never truly improve my team. Is this "fixed" in Madden 2004? It's not really a glitch or anything, but is there anything different about the way resigning is determined? I'm hoping SOME stars don't automatically resign and I can take a run at them...

GeePee20 08-10-2003 02:41 AM

Re: Question regarding FAs in Madden 2004

I hate how games do that too. Resigning and free agent signing should be the same time so players don't just automatically take an offer from their current team but look around and see what's the best offer they can get whether it be their current team or a new team.

ODogg 08-10-2003 03:12 AM

i signed quite a bit of FA's away in 2003, you guys maybe should pony up the greens more. you can't come close to matching teh incumbent team, you have to really destroy their offer.

CheckMate 08-10-2003 06:29 AM

Someone on another site said that the CPU will evaluate players on a value rating (A through F) as opposed to strictly salary this year. (Don't know if that was in the game last year, I didn't have '03) He said he tried to trade J Trotter and someone else for a couple of draft picks, but the CPU refused because the two players didn't add enough value to the team. So maybe free agency will work sort of the same way. If a player isn't worth keeping from a "what does he bring to the table" standpoint maybe we'll see more free agency moves.

Bad_Intentions 08-10-2003 01:17 PM

I have this problem to in madden 2003. After a couple of years in franchise, it seems their are no "stars" in FA. I can sign FA's, but most of the time I dont even bother b/c the highest rated FA's are only like in the 70's. I hope 2004 has improved upon this b/c Free Agency blows in madden.