Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   new tackling mechanic idea (/forums/showthread.php?t=454983)

abeg1713 11-06-2010 02:52 AM

new tackling mechanic idea

New tackling mechanics with agressive hits
This feature would include two types of tackling. The first would be your normal tackling and the 2nd you would hold the R1 button to activate the more aggressive hits.
Up = upper body tackle
Down = lower body tackle
Left = tackle towards a left angle
Right = tackle towards a right angle
With R1 held
Up+R1= lead with helmet towards upper body
Down+R1= aggressive hit toward abdomen
Left+R1= aggressive tackle with left shoulder
Right+R1= aggressive tackle with right shoulder
When tackling from behind you hold R1 and up to hook the arms and drive the player head first into the ground. R1 and down to hit the offensive player on the lower back
The same tackling mechanics go for sacking the QB also
When tackling and holding R1 if you move the joystick down then up then you will use the momentum to throw the player over your back. R1 up and down will launch the defender upwords and drive the player down. R1 and either left then right or vice versa will slam the offensive player in that direction

When a player gets juked you click the right joystick and move the left joystick towards either left or right and the defender will throw his body in that direction. When the player throws himself in either direction he either pulls the jersey or reaches trips the feet. When reaching for the jersey if the rb,wr, or qb has a high trucking rating the offensive player will drag the defender.
During franchise and superstar modes if you do a helmet to helmet hit or a late hit on the qb the player will be fined between 20-75k and a possible suspension. The qb will also have a meter that comes out under his name so the bigger the hit or more often he is hit the meter starts to go down. The lower the meter gets the slower he is to get up. Once the meter is empty he will leave with some sort of injury. the defense should have a reputation screen where the more fines and dirty hits you get a reputation of a ruthless or dirty player. Also each player should have a penalty rating. The higher the rating is the more likely that player will commit a penalty. There are players in the league that are known to gather many penalties such as flozel Addams. I think this would be a good rating to add

When playing as corner when pressing triangle for an interception you must move the right joy stick in the direction the ball is coming to catch it. If you are going to swat the ball you press L1 and the direction the ball is coming.
This was just an idea I had for a tackling mechanic . tell me what you all think.

Shogun613 11-06-2010 03:24 PM

Re: new tackling mechanic idea

Don't get me wrong, that's a great idea, but some people would think of it as over-complicating things. I know it would be just an option, but there would be a pretty steep learning curve b/c some of the older players (like myself) would have trouble remembering what all of the button combos did. It's a great idea that would bring extra depth to individual defense, though.

abeg1713 11-06-2010 04:54 PM

thank you for your opinion. i know it's a bit complicated but i feel with a practice or tutorial mode would help you get used to it. do you think theres a way you can use this system but make it a bit more simpler or easier to pick up?

Senator Palmer 11-06-2010 05:10 PM

I like the idea of giving more control to the user over just trying to run into a player, who still are able to cut on a dime. Right now, there are aspects that seem too random. Too many defenders are playing too high with no base. I don't like seeing a linebacker with a 90+ tackle rating get shrug off, or try to grab a runner up high and fall away.

Offense has a plethora of right stick moves to go to, so I would like to see the defense have something skill-based to counter with.

abeg1713 11-06-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senator Palmer (Post 2041822004)
I like the idea of giving more control to the user over just trying to run into a player, who still are able to cut on a dime. Right now, there are aspects that seem too random. Too many defenders are playing too high with no base. I don't like seeing a linebacker with a 90+ tackle rating get shrug off, or try to grab a runner up high and fall away.

Offense has a plethora of right stick moves to go to, so I would like to see the defense have something skill-based to counter with.

yea exactly it feels like on defense it feels like we get jipped on what we can do. i like what nba elite did where you controlled all aspects of the player and if they could somehow implement that into madden especially defense. that would be awesome.