Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What Formation is the End-Around Found Under? (/forums/showthread.php?t=455242)

Titans4 11-07-2010 11:50 PM

What Formation is the End-Around Found Under?

What formation can I find the end-around under? If you could, please give the formation and the sub-formation, if you know what I mean. I was watching the Eagles game and thought about this and I want to draft a fast receiver that I can use as a Brad Smith type of player in my Lions franchise I just started.

Sausage 11-08-2010 10:00 AM

Re: What Formation is the End-Around Found Under?

I seen it in the I-formation for several teams. An easy way to find it in the playbooks is to choose a play by the number 1 or 2 wideout.

Phins86 11-08-2010 10:15 AM

Ace Bunch has it I believe

jyoung 11-08-2010 11:15 AM

Lions playbook has it in the normal I-form.

Run it to Calvin Johnson against man coverage for maximum success.

younggunn4z 11-08-2010 11:44 AM

I run Denver O book, they have it along with the PA, and the End around fake, to the HB up the gut. New England has it also, along with The Saints.

younggunn4z 11-08-2010 11:48 AM

also, if your looking for a set for a Brad Smith type guy, dont bother with end arounds, find a WR like Brad Smith, and run Denver O book. I use it in my Online Franchise, and I drafted all rookies like I did in Madden 10, so I needed some gadget plays to get my offense moving sometimes, because of inconsistent play considering in Season 1 I had all low awareness/catch players, etc... I traded with another guy in my league for Armanti Edwards (Panthers drafted him, he was a former QB in College) and I used him at QB out of Bronco Heavy formation, and guys seen "Wildcat" on their play selection screen so they would try plays like engage 8, or manually take a CB or Safety out of coverage and bring him up, and then Norwood would squirt out of the backfield for a TD reception 20 yards down field lmfao.

Moral of this story: Broncos Playbook=Solid

Titans4 11-08-2010 08:33 PM

Ok thanks. I'll take a look at the Broncos playbook, but I'll probably stick with the Lions playbook for now.