Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I want to see stats matter more next year. (/forums/showthread.php?t=455326)

Lord Marshall X 11-08-2010 03:28 PM

I want to see stats matter more next year.

I'd like to see the stats other than speed and acceleration dominate how WR's get open.

Route Running.

Hankerson from Miami probably runs a 4.6-4.70 he cannot be covered 1 on 1 because he runs fantastic routes. I'd like to see these type of recruits in Dynasties. They had them to a certain extent last year in recruits but not now. Not that it matters since the coverage is a bit shaky this year. I'd just love to see certain stats really matter next year.

65South 11-08-2010 03:41 PM

Re: I want to see stats matter more next year.

Definitely understand where you're coming from. I feel the same and not only with WRs or the skill positions, but I'd like to see it too with my linemen etc.

I love trying to find that huge DT or under technique to be able to just dominate the offense line and draw the double teams to free up the ends, or getting the road grading offensive linemen that call maul a LB on a kick out block, but a lot of times it seems all for not because it just doesn't seem like player attributes like size really matter on the field. Now, granted it is greatly improved from the previous next gen versions as it seemed like nothing but speed at any position mattered, but I think it can be improved and believe that they're moving in the right direction.

imalive1459 11-08-2010 04:05 PM

I'd love to see those sorts of ratings factor in to a player's overall rating at a position in a particular scheme. For example: A speedy undersized defensive end might be rated higher as an outside linebacker in a 3-4, or a pass rushing DT having a higher overall in a 4-3 defense compared to a 3-4(think Albert Haynesworth). EA could make a lot of ratings matter more by creating specific positions in offensive/defensive schemes rather than generic positions(Strongside and weakside lbs's for instance). Some players perform better in certain schemes. Just a thought.

j_baker09 11-08-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imalive1459 (Post 2041828288)
I'd love to see those sorts of ratings factor in to a player's overall rating at a position in a particular scheme. For example: A speedy undersized defensive end might be rated higher as an outside linebacker in a 3-4, or a pass rushing DT having a higher overall in a 4-3 defense compared to a 3-4(think Albert Haynesworth). EA could make a lot of ratings matter more by creating specific positions in offensive/defensive schemes rather than generic positions(Strongside and weakside lbs's for instance). Some players perform better in certain schemes. Just a thought.

This is a little off subject but i would love to see more positions on the depth chart like; X Y and Z receivers, H-backs, Strong and Weak side defensive ends, Mike Sam and Will Linebacker positions in a 4-3 scheme, then also a Jack linebacker position in 3-4 schemes, Field and Boundary Corners. I could go on but you get the point, But as pointed out above not all positions are the same. Every linebacker position requires a little bit different skill for each and it would be nice to see attributes on these certain players make a difference.

Starter 11-08-2010 04:53 PM

EA dumbs down the game to appeal to the casual fan. I don't agree with this practice, but this seems to be the case.

DerkontheOS 11-09-2010 01:15 AM

+10000000

This would be a huge improvement to the depth of dynasty.

eyeamg0dly 11-12-2010 12:00 AM

i want to see weight be a factor as well, tired of seeing under sized d line and linebackers not getting plowed over in the box. they need to take away alot of the ratings and combine them.

honestly do we need 3 different catch ratings ? as far as im concerned, a catch is a catch. i dont care if you caught it in traffic or how spectacular it was.

domcolosi 11-12-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly (Post 2041837969)
honestly do we need 3 different catch ratings ? as far as im concerned, a catch is a catch. i dont care if you caught it in traffic or how spectacular it was.

You don't think there's a significant different between being able to catch the ball when open, covered, or jumping?

Some WRs are much, much better at making diving or one-handed catches. The "spectacular catch" rating allows these WRs to make this kind of catch while not allowing, say, a FB to do the same.

A similar argument holds for "catch in traffic"