Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   the Worst EVER!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=455370)

jgarrison52 11-08-2010 08:08 PM

the Worst EVER!!!

I played this game for the first time this year and man o' man. This is a really bad football game. I have been able to stomach past Maddens but this is aweful. NCAA is light years ahead of the Madden Crew!!! Not saying that NCAA doesnt have it's own issues.
I really wanted Madden to be good, I really did but wow. Wow! unbelievable. Terrible football game! You cant polish this one.... It's a just a turd!

Moegames 11-08-2010 08:30 PM

Re: the Worst EVER!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgarrison52 (Post 2041828968)
I played this game for the first time this year and man o' man. This is a really bad football game. I have been able to stomach past Maddens but this is aweful. NCAA is light years ahead of the Madden Crew!!! Not saying that NCAA doesnt have it's own issues.
I really wanted Madden to be good, I really did but wow. Wow! unbelievable. Terrible football game! You cant polish this one.... It's a just a turd!

ur momma .............

Im Kidding ...i got problems with the game too!.... the commentary dont flow, the presentation took a step backwards from 10 and the game just has something missing..i cant pinpoint it. Oh by the way..i truly feel who ever's idea it was to "speed up the game" ..all that R&D that went into this new feature for 11...was 100% waste.

They were on the right track with M10...i was banking all i had on the fact that M11 would come out bang'n nice...but it totally was not. The commentary is still the weak link for Madden..as sad as that sounds.. they really need to lislten to NBA2k11 or our beloved NFL2k5...copy it ..do what ever but get in teh same quality and then.. maybe just then this game wouldnt seem so bad.

But what erks me the most is that this is all we've been dished out for the last 5 or so year...im just bummed out on the state of football videogaming...ever since 2k5 got wiped off the map..its bad gloomy days as a gamer...i still have hope for madden but EAsports really does need to take a very good look at the progression over the years, compare it to other sports times and make some major changes at Tiburon....that or Tiburon needs to examine otehr great sports titles and GET BACK TO THE BASICS!!.

Tiburon always seems to step on a nail when introducing new features,etc..they never work!! So instead of brainstorming each off season in what new feature they will introduce...all that R&D could be spent on tuning stuff, adding to presentation and commentary,etc

This idea of speeding the game up with the coach radio headset crap was waste..waste that could of been used on a half time show or something..and a more robust single and online franchise....my goodness i just about had it...

It seems like there are guys on the tiburon team that shouldnt be there... thats the feeling i have. I dont see no real vision coming from them..very little progress, very little heart and soul..i dont feel that freshness that i feel with other sports franchises...its just not there..we are beating a dead horse i know but something must change!

Carlboy82 11-08-2010 10:37 PM

Definitely my last Madden, unless the entire engine is redone. Tomorrow Call of Duty Black Ops comes out, and I believe Madden will be trade in fodder. Way too many disappointing years with this game.

Spanky 11-08-2010 10:48 PM

I've had fun with Madden 10, easily the best in the series, and decided to stick with it rather than buy 11 after the early feedback painted a bleak picture. I'm glad I avoided this debacle.

Tyrant8RDFL 11-08-2010 11:18 PM

I agree the College game is a much more solid and enjoyable game than Madden this year, but I don't think Madden this year is a horrible game.

I really don't care about all the dressing that many others do. I'm more about gameplay and A.I. I just would like the game to play better defense on the coverage side of things.

MattIntellect 11-08-2010 11:27 PM

IMO, Madden 11 is not even close to being the WORST Madden. I'm having a lot of fun with this game, and for the first time since next-gen/current-gen, I'm actually playing in November! Not saying the game doesn't have a lot of flaws, but those flaws certainly don't make the game horrible.

Segagendude 11-08-2010 11:49 PM

Next-Gen Madden 06 and 08 were the worst....

statum71 11-09-2010 12:58 AM

Gotta disagree.

Sure, the Madden team has some work to do to catch up to the 2Ks and The Shows of the world. But its far from being the worst ever.

Not even close.