Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Heisman Recruiting? (/forums/showthread.php?t=455422)

plak89 11-09-2010 03:06 AM

Heisman Recruiting?

I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried this. On all of my previous dynastys (mainly rebuilding projects) i have recruited on Varsity, but i feel that this will be too easy as i want to start a dynasty with a BCS school. What are some things i should look for/know if i want to recruit on heisman? Thanks!

rudyjuly2 11-09-2010 06:33 AM

Re: Heisman Recruiting?

I've been using Heisman for the last 3+ seasons. I also use Michigan and as a 6* program with a lot of positives it is going to be easier to recruit than if you are a crappier school. I think Heisman is darn near perfect for me and is probably a little too easy but I don't mind that.

My first two years were on AA and I got the #1 recruiting class in my second year and got a ton of 4 and 5* recruits. That's when I switched to Heisman. I can't remember if I have had the #1 class on Heisman yet but I think I have been #2 and of the three full classes, two have been in the Top 5 and the other one was Top 10 still.

I haven't tried Varsity as I started out on AA but Heisman is significantly harder than AA for recruiting. One thing changes right away - you can only change topics once instead of twice on AA and three times on Varsity. That makes it harder.

The next thing that's harder is that the cpu just seems to get more points when they are recruiting. It's just harder to win over kids. If you are going after a 5* kid that isn't in a pipeline state and you aren't leading you should probably just give up. Trying to go into Texas and steal a 5* recruit from them when they are #1 is simply futile. You really have to target kids you are pretty sure you can get. The days of pulling monster recruiting classes are over on this level so be realistic. You can still get the 4 and 5* kids but you better be at or near the top to get them. Starting out at #6 and then moving up the list to get a kid are extremely rare on Heisman.

So make sure you watch your pipeline states. You might not need that 3* kid but if it helps you maintain your pipeline status you need to do it. I've got pipelines in California, Texas and Florida as well as Michigan and Ohio. I've got one or two more pipeline states right now as well. Pipelines are crucial to success on Heisman recruiting.

plak89 11-09-2010 07:39 PM

Yah, I can see using Heisman recruiting if you're Michigan or some other 6* program like Texas or Florida. But i think i'll use AA and use a team similar to UCLA or something along the lines of that. Thanks man!

Lord Marshall X 11-10-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyjuly2 (Post 2041830058)
I've been using Heisman for the last 3+ seasons. I also use Michigan and as a 6* program with a lot of positives it is going to be easier to recruit than if you are a crappier school. I think Heisman is darn near perfect for me and is probably a little too easy but I don't mind that.

My first two years were on AA and I got the #1 recruiting class in my second year and got a ton of 4 and 5* recruits. That's when I switched to Heisman. I can't remember if I have had the #1 class on Heisman yet but I think I have been #2 and of the three full classes, two have been in the Top 5 and the other one was Top 10 still.

I haven't tried Varsity as I started out on AA but Heisman is significantly harder than AA for recruiting. One thing changes right away - you can only change topics once instead of twice on AA and three times on Varsity. That makes it harder.

The next thing that's harder is that the cpu just seems to get more points when they are recruiting. It's just harder to win over kids. If you are going after a 5* kid that isn't in a pipeline state and you aren't leading you should probably just give up. Trying to go into Texas and steal a 5* recruit from them when they are #1 is simply futile. You really have to target kids you are pretty sure you can get. The days of pulling monster recruiting classes are over on this level so be realistic. You can still get the 4 and 5* kids but you better be at or near the top to get them. Starting out at #6 and then moving up the list to get a kid are extremely rare on Heisman.

So make sure you watch your pipeline states. You might not need that 3* kid but if it helps you maintain your pipeline status you need to do it. I've got pipelines in California, Texas and Florida as well as Michigan and Ohio. I've got one or two more pipeline states right now as well. Pipelines are crucial to success on Heisman recruiting.

In Online Dynasties Heisman Recruiting is a nightmare.

rudyjuly2 11-10-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Marshall X (Post 2041833213)
In Online Dynasties Heisman Recruiting is a nightmare.

I don't do online dynasties so I don't know what this means. How is it a nightmare?