Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Head of EA Canada Out -- Major Restructuring of the Company (/forums/showthread.php?t=455511)

DGMikeBarker 11-10-2010 02:02 PM

All these changes mean nothing if Ea is still a arcade company next year. Also, with Nba 2k11's success, there is no longer an excuse for minimum to no improvement over a year span. If Madden doesn't improve the defensive side of the ball (multi-hit tackles etc), add more animations across the board, improve special teams, and do something with their career modes come next project, I don't think Ea could win me back this decade.

thbends 11-10-2010 03:15 PM

This could be a good thing for Madden. NCAA has features like online Dynasty that Madden is missing badly. Sharing might mean that Madden will be able to use things like the online Dynasty Website for it's title.

savoie2006 11-10-2010 04:31 PM

Re: Head of EA Canada Out -- Major Restructuring of the Company

Quote:

Originally Posted by thbends (Post 2041833692)
This could be a good thing for Madden. NCAA has features like online Dynasty that Madden is missing badly. Sharing might mean that Madden will be able to use things like the online Dynasty Website for it's title.

Could also mean bad news for NCAA. Like a previous post stated, it could very well be the next game on the chopping block, in order to cut costs. Since they already have a Football game. I hope not, as quite often NCAA is the more enjoyable game of the two. I just wouldn't be suprised with all the restructuring going on right now in the gaming industry.

thetrueBROSKY 11-10-2010 05:23 PM

just like to point out that Elite was not the only cancelled game this YEAR from EA..............
NCAA College Basketball 11 was never in production....
this is bad news..............long ago it was NBA Live '96 and Coach K murking the ball genre.......now both be axed.......and possibly NCAA......
at this rate.....we'll only have Madden coming from EA (i know NHL and FIFA are amazing, but EA is just screwing everything right now)

TracerBullet 11-10-2010 06:11 PM

Re: Head of EA Canada Out -- Major Restructuring of the Company

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetrueBROSKY (Post 2041834028)
just like to point out that Elite was not the only cancelled game this YEAR from EA..............
NCAA College Basketball 11 was never in production....
this is bad news..............long ago it was NBA Live '96 and Coach K murking the ball genre.......now both be axed.......and possibly NCAA......
at this rate.....we'll only have Madden coming from EA (i know NHL and FIFA are amazing, but EA is just screwing everything right now)

From a monetary standpoint, FIFA is more lakely to stay than Madden.

Mr.Scarface 11-11-2010 01:32 AM

LOL...NCAA isn't going anywhere. Sales were up in that series. Football always outsells basketball, especially college. College Baseketball games never sold well.

dcsoldier 11-11-2010 04:21 AM

there are some misconseptions as far as EA goes......1st EA doesn't have as much money as people think they do as their stock has been slowly falling in the recent years and they have spend alot of money on the nfl license which i can bet anyone will not be renewed at the end of the next season......and 2nd, this has nothing (or very little) to do with the NBA Live (Elite) failure as EA game sales have been rather weak all across the board with a couple of exceptions. madden which brings more than 10% of yearly revenue has been the biggest disapointment in the last few years as far as sales are concerned. hopefully ea can rebound from all of this but they have to come out with better product and hope they could win back some of the fans they have disappointed so many times over the last few years.

buckeyesfan27 11-11-2010 11:36 AM

first off NCAA Football Is Better in Sales Than Madden. those Games are Not Getting Cut. NFL will Remain with EA. The Gameplay with Madden is Better Than 2k. 2k Football a is to run. and x is to tackle how boring is that.madden is way Better than 2k fact. look at all pro football is was trash.