Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Realistic Difficulty Help Please!!!!!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=455598)

pdreams 11-10-2010 12:01 PM

Realistic Difficulty Help Please!!!!!!!

I've enjoyed Madden for years playing on All-Madden difficulty with no problem. Im good at the game, not elite but I have at least one Super Bowl each year. I don't expect to never loose but I at least want to enjoy the game. I play with the Bengals (2-6 in real life, Decent team, decent players, not elite). I've won maybe 2 games with them throughout several attempted Franchise modes. I started over maybe 4 times to see if the updates help. The problems I have are pass defense sucks (CB's are Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall who are maybe 2 of the top 15 CB's in the league suck), Run defense sucks, receivers drop passes constantly when there wide open and i'm not trying to run before I catch it. (TO, Ocho, Shipley), and Carson Palmer is never accurate. I've tried adjusting sliders with no success. Is anyone out there playing on a less difficult level and is getting realistic numbers and still getting a challenge. I went from Hall of Fame to Superstar on NBA 2k11 and it worked perfectly. Thanks because I really want to like this game.

TRiCKY_J 11-10-2010 12:44 PM

I had the same issue so I did custom. I set it up to chellege myself but keep the a I respectable. I have it set like this.... 13,11,11,11 but that's just me since I'm more of a passer I put mine higher. Idr exactly the order of wats what but my numbers are set exactly as I posted

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Senator Palmer 11-10-2010 01:10 PM

Re: Realistic Difficulty Help Please!!!!!!!

I posted a thread a while back where Ian on his twitter talked about how the game is tuned for realism and fairness on All-Pro. And if you look in your game options for difficulty, at the bottom of the screen is says something like, "All-Madden, tuned so that the CPU is almost unstoppable."

To that, I wonder what's the point of All-Madden if it goes beyond a high level chess match where every CPU move has a counter move, to out and out cheating by the CPU?

I've always found All-Pro to be too easy, but there it is. I feel your pain.

kpkpkp 11-10-2010 02:00 PM

Try using PlayMakers or MikeOwnz custom sliders.

Both are very challenging and realistic.

Both can be found in the sliders section of this website.

(I use PlayMakers)

puremvp1 11-11-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senator Palmer (Post 2041833345)
I posted a thread a while back where Ian on his twitter talked about how the game is tuned for realism and fairness on All-Pro. And if you look in your game options for difficulty, at the bottom of the screen is says something like, "All-Madden, tuned so that the CPU is almost unstoppable."

To that, I wonder what's the point of All-Madden if it goes beyond a high level chess match where every CPU move has a counter move, to out and out cheating by the CPU?

I've always found All-Pro to be too easy, but there it is. I feel your pain.

Realism on all pro? I guess if realism is scoring 40-60 points a game, should be a fine line between all pro/madden but it's insane this year.

play on all pro win by double digits

or play on all madden and watch the computer qb go 12-13 with ease, all with an amazing awareness of 60.

St. Chaos 11-11-2010 01:25 PM

Try looking at Playmakers sliders or my own. With that said, I'm not sure if mine will work well in franchise as I didn't do any special franchise testing on them, but those that have report good experiences.

BezO 11-11-2010 04:16 PM

I have the same thought whenever I see post like this.

Difficulty & realism are 2 different things. Difficulty is about a gamer's skill level. Realism is about replicating the sport as much as possible.

Everyone should be able to set the difficulty level to what makes them feel comfortable and still be able to play a realistic game of football.

But I think most look at scores & stats when talking realism.