Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ... (/forums/showthread.php?t=45581)

brymshaw 08-11-2003 07:40 AM

Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ...

I have been a Maddenite since the early 90s but I have to tell you this maybe the same old game( Gameplay Wise ).

I hope not because I love this series and they added Owner Mode and the opportunity to move a Team etc.

But the gameplay appears to be a near replica of the last 3 yrs and I am getting a little tired of feeling like I am playing the same game year in and year out with nothing more than updated rosters and a few extra cut scenes .

I am not trying to put the game down because I am going to buy it , but I am concerned that it is not going to keep my attention for too long because of The Same old Gameplay .

THOUGHTS ?

PJMorgan22 08-11-2003 07:43 AM

Re: Are We In For A Big Madden Letdown Hmmmm ...

I too was greatly dissapointed with the gameplay being almost exactly the same. I will be buying it but will wait until COMPUSA drops the PC price to 24.99 like they always seem to do within 2 months after release. In the mean time NCAA for the XBox will tide me over.

ps2baseball 08-11-2003 07:52 AM

maybe you should pop in 10 yard fight, then you'll appreciate the gameplay!

SoMiss2000 08-11-2003 07:55 AM

Nope, because you pretty much know what you're gonna get with Madden. Other than owner mode and improved DB play (if NCAA is an indication), you should have an idea of what to expect and shouldn't be letdown by anything.

brymshaw 08-11-2003 07:58 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
ps2baseball said:
maybe you should pop in 10 yard fight, then you'll appreciate the gameplay!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

You don't understand I do appreciate the gameplay , I guess I am just looking forward to A Change .

X-Box 2 Hurry up and Come Out .

MMan 08-11-2003 08:04 AM

It's all these lame sites giving Madden 9 and 10's. It's not helping one bit. All of our expectations have been raised even more. I am getting sick and tired of the hype, because I played the PC Demo and the gameplay felt same ol and I was pissed off all night. The people that I have talked to that HAVE Madden....well here are their quotes taken out of the convo I've had.

"[19 &lt;&gt; I played it
[19 &lt;&gt; but I don't really have any special
[19 &lt;&gt; feeling for it
[19 &lt;&gt; it feels to much of the same
[19 &lt;&gt; just new big modes
19 &lt;&gt; I just don't like it all that much right now
[19 &lt;&gt; it doesn't FEEL
[19 &lt;&gt; diff from 2003 other than playmaker
[19 &lt;&gt; new playbooks
[19 &lt;&gt; and playmaker is a cool feature
[19 &lt;&gt; but OVERRATED
[19 &lt;&gt; my one word for madden
[19 &lt;&gt; OVERRATED
[19 &lt;&gt; people are getting tired of this [censored you naughty boy]

I think he might have summed it up, and if it's the case, I won't be a happy camper. We are hyping Madden and this year the nickname could be "Overrated" . This gives a huge advantage to the underdogs, because they have nothin to lose.

JWeb45 08-11-2003 08:17 AM

BUY ESPN 2K3 IF YOU ARE SO PISSED OFF BECAUSE A DEMO SUCKED! Holy crap some people are a little bit bitching about every little f*cking thing.

brymshaw 08-11-2003 08:19 AM

This post is from TombSong who has played the game :

To make a long post short. If you like Madden last year you will like Madden this year. I boldy state that I think this game was improved more for the franchise types. They are gonna have alot of nice toys to play with in the owners mode. For guys who have played Madden since 91, you will play the game, you will like the game, but I think a month later you will be looking for something else to play. This is not a knock on the game per se. Its a good game. I think I am just burnt out on this game. It seems EA has been good about adding features to the game to appease most of the public but nothing that makes you go WOW. Nothing that impacts the gameplay(on the field) that makes the game seem new. They are stuck in a hard place. They have to cater to the hardcore fans that make up a large part of their sells, which means they may fear making drastic changes to gameplay. Drastic changes I feel are not needed because the game is good as it is but they need to do SOMETHING to the gameplay that makes the guys who have been around since 91 excited about the game again .

------------------------------------------------------

My Fears Exactly ...