Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Any word at all about Gameplanning? (/forums/showthread.php?t=455891)

SteelD1974 11-12-2010 04:31 AM

Any word at all about Gameplanning?

With the new patches the defense plays better, but cant use gameplans for both sides.

Any word from anyone about this? Was that there last patch?

zadokguy 11-13-2010 12:21 PM

Re: Any word at all about Gameplanning?

No, it's still broken.

BigUnit 11-14-2010 05:27 PM

You can still use 2 controllers to get the gameplanning to work.

I know it's not perfect, but it still works.

mburke2 11-14-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigUnit (Post 2041844931)
You can still use 2 controllers to get the gameplanning to work.

I know it's not perfect, but it still works.

Really?? I don't have the game but I've been contemplating getting it until the gameplanning snafu hit. I never really could find a solid answer to this question but I may pick the game up now. Does this allow you to have a separate gameplan for each team or does one team still have the default one?

Palo20 11-14-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mburke2 (Post 2041845540)
Really?? I don't have the game but I've been contemplating getting it until the gameplanning snafu hit. I never really could find a solid answer to this question but I may pick the game up now. Does this allow you to have a separate gameplan for each team or does one team still have the default one?

You basically start a 2 player game and assign gameplans to each team. After the game starts, put your opponent's controller back to the CPU. The first play of the game will be a "user vs. user" play, then everything should be back to normal with the CPU taking over.

Pringles 11-16-2010 06:34 PM

wow very interesting post, let me get this strait the new thing they implemented for teams to have some sort of indiviualism and to be there actual playbooks is broken ? so in reality all cpu teams use the same playbook by default so you do not get them unless you start game pause move it from 2 player back to single player. you got to be kidding me right it is almost december and they have not fixed it lol wow simply wow. they bragged how it would give madden a new feel of not always playing the same team with these playbooks. can you tell me if there actually going to fix it and if it is broken for both systems ps3 and xbox360 i might just pass on it i was going to buy it for ps3 in 2 weeks.

Armor and Sword 11-16-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 2041851428)
wow very interesting post, let me get this strait the new thing they implemented for teams to have some sort of indiviualism and to be there actual playbooks is broken ? so in reality all cpu teams use the same playbook by default so you do not get them unless you start game pause move it from 2 player back to single player. you got to be kidding me right it is almost december and they have not fixed it lol wow simply wow. they bragged how it would give madden a new feel of not always playing the same team with these playbooks. can you tell me if there actually going to fix it and if it is broken for both systems ps3 and xbox360 i might just pass on it i was going to buy it for ps3 in 2 weeks.

Every play book for the cpu is different. The reason a lot of us were using gameplanning for the cpu was to take out a lot of exploit plays so the CPU would be much harder to beat and you would also get a more realistic game in terms of play calling by the cpu.

EG - removing all the streaks on offense so they don't bomb away, removing a lot of the CB blitz's which are rare yet the CPu would run them a dozen times a game. So the teams still have their own play books and play styles.

I don't use game planning for myself. I use the entire playbook like I always have in Madden and as most Madden vets do. So my workaround is quite simple:

I assign the game plans I want to the cpu team and go into the game as the team I will play against. Then right before the kickoff I change the controller to the team I want to use. The only play I miss is the opening kickoff.

Simple and easy and no big deal.

If you want to use a game plan for you and the cpu...then yes the 2 controller workaround is the band aid.

droc81yo_is_back 11-17-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor & Sword (Post 2041851449)
Every play book for the cpu is different. The reason a lot of us were using gameplanning for the cpu was to take out a lot of exploit plays so the CPU would be much harder to beat and you would also get a more realistic game in terms of play calling by the cpu.

EG - removing all the streaks on offense so they don't bomb away, removing a lot of the CB blitz's which are rare yet the CPu would run them a dozen times a game. So the teams still have their own play books and play styles.

I don't use game planning for myself. I use the entire playbook like I always have in Madden and as most Madden vets do. So my workaround is quite simple:

I assign the game plans I want to the cpu team and go into the game as the team I will play against. Then right before the kickoff I change the controller to the team I want to use. The only play I miss is the opening kickoff.

Simple and easy and no big deal.

If you want to use a game plan for you and the cpu...then yes the 2 controller workaround is the band aid.

Yes this works, but doesn't it default all cpu sliders?