Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Does Anyone Else Think Live 09 Is Better Than 10? (/forums/showthread.php?t=456014)

tomzenns 11-12-2010 11:16 PM

Does Anyone Else Think Live 09 Is Better Than 10?

Cause I do.
I'm bout to get it tomorrow, add it to the collection and do a 2010-2011 roster update.
Anyone interested?

I LIKED IT BETTER!

Plus the soundtrack was killer.

NCAA Basketball suck a big one though.

NBA LIVE 09 FO LYFE!

I been drinkin' again.

dragon4thQ 11-13-2010 12:05 AM

Re: Does Anyone Else Think Live 09 Is Better Than 10?

Live 09 had solid post game and under the basket moves and I prefered the alley oop and the pick & roll controls in 09 more as well.

Live 09 had a far bigger in variety in dunks with several different windmill, reverse and 360 type dunks aswell as more typical in game dunks.

Live 09 contained more signature move content which was great.

TUSS11 11-13-2010 01:10 AM

This is just my opinion, but I feel that a mix of 09, 10 and Elite 11 would have been fire. They each had elements that would have produced a well-rounded product if integrated into the same game.

travis72 11-13-2010 01:52 AM

My main dislike with 09 was the shooting. It was either a swish or clank off the rim plus you could tell when you let it go if it was good or not. Other than that it was not to bad. IMO if i was not playing 2k11 I would play 09 over 10 for the simple fact sim stats in association were all out of whack in 10. 10 looked good and i liked how it played but with sim stats so screwed up it was unplayable.

ILLSmak 11-14-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomzenns (Post 2041840627)
Cause I do.
I'm bout to get it tomorrow, add it to the collection and do a 2010-2011 roster update.
Anyone interested?

I LIKED IT BETTER!

Plus the soundtrack was killer.

NCAA Basketball suck a big one though.

NBA LIVE 09 FO LYFE!

I been drinkin' again.

I mostly play online team play, so take that into account.

To me, 10 is better than 09. There are some lacking areas and glitches in both, but a few things make 10 better.

The auto-sub thing is annoying but it keeps people from running extremely cheesy lineups in team play.

The interior defense is much better. Almost too good, but it works out. In 09 you could easily get to the rim with anyone and just wiggle a bit then finish. In 10, there are cheesy work arounds like the spin move or the hard-cross that allow you to get dunks that the game wouldn't let you get otherwise, but overall it's really good. Again, sometimes they miss dunks that they should make and lay ups that they should make, but overall I think that less is better.

Contact is better. They made it so that a pick is a pick and doesn't get you stuck on people. They made it so that you can push people around and really manipulate where they go. so, you can start sealing people for rebounds before they shoot. Or you can push someone from one side of the rim to the other and seal them off while a player is driving (something that happens in the NBA.)

The Auto-block and Auto-steal animations work well, too.

Oh, and one of my favorite parts of 09 was taken out, but again, for the better. I miss the full court oop! I remember the joke between me and all of my club members was "oop it" because whenever someone took a bad shot, we'd be out. And the pg would just launch it and it would be a perfect oop 80% of the time.

All in all, I was a lot better at 09 than I was at 10, and maybe that factors into why I believe that 10 was better. 10 made it a lot harder and made defense much more of a factor.

Edit: Oh yeah, and they took out the go-to moves... or at least made them so they weren't so freaking money.

-Smak

carnalnirvana 11-15-2010 02:57 PM

i think 09 plays a better game of basketball than 10, however 10 is smoother has better animations and looks kooler....

parkinson 11-16-2010 01:56 AM

Yesterday I played 09. It's been a long time to play it and I was impressed with many areas again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUSS11 (Post 2041840869)
This is just my opinion, but I feel that a mix of 09, 10 and Elite 11 would have been fire. They each had elements that would have produced a well-rounded product if integrated into the same game.

Hope.

atlwarya 11-16-2010 12:09 PM

Nooo! 10 was way better! I just like the dunks in 09.