Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Two Defensive Coordinators in Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=456696)

wamitchelljr 11-17-2010 08:54 PM

Two Defensive Coordinators in Franchise Mode

I might be missing something....

Going into the third year of my franchise, it shows a defensive coordinator vacancy that needs to be filled.

But my team has a defensive coordinator.

If I hire another defensive coordinator, my team has two defensive coordinators.

I didn't know you could have two defensive coordinators.

Anyone else notice this? If so, what's up?

PantherBeast_OS 11-17-2010 10:49 PM

Re: Two Defensive Coordinators in Franchise Mode

Yea the coding for franchise mode is messed up completely for the hiring and firing of coaches. I said this to Ian on twitter prior to patch 3 coming out that it needed to be address in that patch. But no response from him on this and it was never address. The best option I can tell you. If you want to keep your current DC. Just release him and rehire him. If you don't like him then release and hire the next guy. Hopefully with the madden crew turning their focus more towards Franchise mode for madden 12. This problem will be address along with other stuff in franchise mode. I'm hoping right now!!!:y220:

Winnipeg59 11-17-2010 11:00 PM

Posted something similar only days ago.
My workaround was to imagine that the coach had been approached by another team to talk about a better job (Head Coach, for example) and had asked to get out of his contract (which is a much nicer way of firing him).

Then hire some other coach.

12,12,12,12,12,12,12,12, c'mon franchise!!!!!!!

Instant C1a55ic 11-18-2010 03:02 AM

I see it happening more when you hire a former head coach as a D or O coordinator. I got Jeff Fisher and Norv Turner as my coordinators and its a yearly affair of having to fire/rehire them.

Hailtodemskins 11-18-2010 11:04 PM

will firing and rehiring them put a dent in my team salary or give me any cap penalties?

MikeyNYvett 11-19-2010 11:45 AM

Okay...

I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for but...

It's pretty standard (and has been) for you to "technically" have an OC/DC on your screen but still be shown to have a vacancy because said OC/DC (especially in the case of Jeff Fisher types), have offers out from other teams to become their HC. If your OC/DC has an offer out on them to become a HC, you need to either fire/re-hire (and take the contract hit), or hire someone else new. Alternately, you can just go year-by-year w/ those types & re-sign them every time.