Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Interesting CPU trick in the off season (/forums/showthread.php?t=456969)

JVM 11-19-2010 06:52 PM

Interesting CPU trick in the off season

I drafted a WR and signed him and looked at his ratings. I canceled out of the off-season because I wanted to trade players to make room. What I discovered on reaching the same point, signing that WR, was not what I expected. Originally he had 98 acceleration and 79 Stamina, which in itself is peculiar for a guy 6'3" 219 pounds. This time his acceleration dropped to 96 and stamina to 78. Interesting to say the least, and makes me wonder what other "tricks" the CPU plays in the off season. I've read of players drafted and their ratings at the draft only to find they don't always coincide with what I get.

VikeKing 11-19-2010 10:11 PM

Re: Interesting CPU trick in the off season

Something I noticed in Madden 10 but haven't tested in Madden 11 is different progression. I saved franchises right after the superbowl, and made a mistake in the offseason (after I saw progression). So I went back to saved file and saw that, after advancing to the offseason again, the progression was different for a couple players. It was usually older players that had a good season...so one time they might lose -2 speed & -2 other stats and the next time no change in stats.

JVM 11-20-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikeKing (Post 2041860253)
Something I noticed in Madden 10 but haven't tested in Madden 11 is different progression. I saved franchises right after the superbowl, and made a mistake in the offseason (after I saw progression). So I went back to saved file and saw that, after advancing to the offseason again, the progression was different for a couple players. It was usually older players that had a good season...so one time they might lose -2 speed & -2 other stats and the next time no change in stats.

I can understand that happening with progression, since progression is CPU determined, but players drafted should yield same result every time because they are scouted and it's the draft.

VikeKing 11-20-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVM (Post 2041861092)
I can understand that happening with progression, since progression is CPU determined, but players drafted should yield same result every time because they are scouted and it's the draft.

IMO progression "should" always be the same if it is based on the exact same player and stats. As well as a player drafted always having the same stats...but apparently that is somehow CPU determined in some cases also.

JVM 11-20-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VikeKing (Post 2041861714)
IMO progression "should" always be the same if it is based on the exact same player and stats. As well as a player drafted always having the same stats...but apparently that is somehow CPU determined in some cases also.

The thing is I can understand progression varying because of how it's determined, but scouted players in the draft should always have what is written by spreadsheets and people telling us they have. The potential of A, B, C, does not change, so I don't see why their ratings should change.

Progression is not based on performance, just the whim of the CPU. What is the whole point of it all? I am in my 15th season playing every game and how is it so many of the C rated HBs with less than 90 speed have 99 acceleration? How is it a rookie QB with 79 THP throws just like any other guy with over 90 THP? I don't see a significant difference in THP among QBs regardless of their rating. That rookie QB can throw a 45 yard pass same as anyone. DAC? 62! Against 6 DBs? Yes! What was the CB doing? He was bending over and looking at the ground.

Would you be interested to know my P completed two long passes in a row? I was fooling around and replaced my QB with the Punter and completed 2 long passes in a row. Why? Because I was throwing the game and the CPU knows I should win so it let all kinds of things happen: KR suddenly returns one for a TD. We intercept a pass and run it in for a TD. We cause a fumble inside the CPUs 10 yard line. All this in the fourth quarter that started with me behind by 28 points. My team is rated 97 and was playing against an 83 OVR team. Point is, the game is not realistic, just manufactured for entertainment. The problem with that is to me it has gotten ridiculous. The main problem is no competition for EA Sports. There is no other football game with NFL license for 2010. If they had competition, they would start paying attention to what is going on and we would have a better game. Look at MLB The Show. That game is light years ahead of Madden. That game has completion, or maybe it's a desire to try and create realism as opposed to an "Arcady" type of game.

By the way, I won that game behind by 28 points in the 4th quarter.