Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Crib mode = Madden cards?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=45710)

KymeraGB 08-11-2003 08:51 PM

Crib mode = Madden cards??

i was just watching a few ESPN demo movies (the game is good, ill have both this year) and Crib mode just looks like and sounds like Madden cards but with it being items and in a house...... i mean you unlock stuff with cards and you unlock stuff with the crib stuff.

Anyone else think Crib mode is kind of a rip off of Madden cards??? (its kind of dumb to be making a big deal of crib mode if its a rehash of the Madden cards dont ya think?)

BTW Im not a fan boy of any game, ill have both this year.

dereliched 08-11-2003 08:55 PM

Re: Crib mode = Madden cards??

the crib mode is a much more unique way of showing your user profile awards then madden cards in my opinion. which makes it about the same thing as madden cards, but better presented, and in a way which is far more entertaining. i am buying both this year also if it matters to any of you.

MSUSPartanPride 08-11-2003 08:56 PM

What I wanna know is why your crib has stuff from like every team, not just the one you are on.

playerX 08-11-2003 08:59 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
MSUSPartanPride said:
What I wanna know is why your crib has stuff from like every team, not just the one you are on.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

cause some people have more than 1 favorite team..and the crib is like a beefed up user profile, or IMO better than madden cards...

MSUSPartanPride 08-11-2003 09:05 PM

playerX said:
MSUSPartanPride said:

cause some people have more than 1 favorite team..and the crib is like a beefed up user profile, or IMO better than madden cards...

But it isn't logical. I thought it was supposed to simulate being an NFL player. If I had a player who liked every team they would be gone in preseason.

KymeraGB 08-11-2003 09:05 PM

it is better than Madden cards IMO, i was just curious to why they hyped it up if its been done before....FP mode should be hyped up more than crib mode.

playerX 08-11-2003 09:07 PM

KymeraGB said:
it is better than Madden cards IMO, i was just curious to why they hyped it up if its been done before....FP mode should be hyped up more than crib mode.

but FPM has been hyped up more than cribs mode...

MVPlaya 08-11-2003 09:07 PM

No It isn't a rip off of madden cards, you just biased.

Listen, its like a house and you win stuff, there are like 1,500 things I think. There aren't that many Madden cards. You can get Bobble heads and stuff.

Crib mode is 324028349 times better than Madden Cards.