Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   These type of plays either need to go or happen a lot less often (/forums/showthread.php?t=457247)

silkysmooth 11-21-2010 11:00 PM

These type of plays either need to go or happen a lot less often

The type of play where the CPU blitzes and instantly gets pass pressure. Your QB gets hit as he throws and instead of doing anything, it automatically goes directly to a CPU defender playing in a zone by himself. Literally standing there not covering anything. And he never drops it and it never goes one yard in either direction from him. Always right to him. Literally lost a game because Penn St. decided they were winning no matter what. Had two picks leading to 12 (lol kickers) points that basically decided the game.

I definitely don't mind losing and I don't mind throwing picks, but when it's something I can't even control it's entirely bogus. If it's a bad throw forcing it into coverage is one thing, but when it magically goes right to the CPU on a hit when thrown every single play, it's ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on play action or plays like a HB Toss when the psychic CPU will call the perfect defense to thwart them every time. Meanwhile the man coverage for my team sees the CPU receiver run a crossing round and the second he turns to cross up field my guy does an about face and literally turns his back on the play to look at the end zone before making a break to cover the WR.

This game is still pretty fun but it's entirely frustrating to see the double standard when it comes to CPU and non player controlled players.

Bullet Sponge 11-22-2010 10:21 AM

Re: These type of plays either need to go or happen a lot less often

I personally haven't noticed the CPU getting more of those plays than me, but I can say they happen WAY too often. At least half of all turnovers seem to end up as 6 points for the defense. Half of the time the QB is hit while throwing it seems it goes right to some defender who runs it for 6. Every other fumble is scooped up and run for 6. Interceptions seem okay (since most defenders can't catch the ball to save their lives anyway), but if I had a dime for every time I've seen the scoop and score animation I'd be a rich man.

Deegeezy 11-22-2010 10:35 AM

This is definitely a legit gripe IMO. The QB getting hit while throwing animation happens too often and the penalty is too severe (ball going directly to a defender). The passes should end up in the dirt more often rather than floating in the air.

Apollo1449 11-22-2010 11:06 AM

Yeah that really sucks, but twice i've been hit and the ball flies to my WR streaking down the field and I score so officially that play is 2 td's and 20 to 30 BS interceptions for me.

KG 11-22-2010 12:04 PM

The warping by DL who suddenly cover 5yds in .5 secs is much worse.

BlackBetty15 11-22-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2041867294)
The warping by DL who suddenly cover 5yds in .5 secs is much worse.

Honestly it wouldnt really be bad if they did it with the impact DL or LB's. THey no namers are what get me. I REALLY REALLY just wish that the CPU would work the ball to their impact players more. I still revert back to my game against the tide with UNT and the CPU was killin me with ingram and richarson and then they stopped after the half. I won the game on three plays figuring they would stop it at some point and nadda. That was pre sliders of course but still. Work the ball into the impact players need to happen way more often. Impact players on defense need to be way more standout to. Along the same lines as APF from 2k where the legends stood out from the team, same needs to happen here.

SynShadowzz 11-22-2010 12:12 PM

Call me crazy, but shouldn't you be adjusting your sliders? I mean, that's all you have to do. This isn't a "COME ON EA" problem.. this is a "i'm being stubborn about my sliders" problem.

You can fix this.

Schreck 11-22-2010 12:15 PM

This is annoying, but what has been killing me lately is when I play D and hit the QB, but somehow his awful duck throw flying 20 ft in the air falls right into the arms of one of their receivers, who then makes a 1st down. This usually happens on 3rd and medium-long plays and pisses me off to no end. Seems to happen the most in online ranked games lately, but also happens in cpu games. Had one game against a user where he got about 4 first downs this way, which is ridiculous.

Things like this are aggravating, but I still love the game. We can all pick out tons of little things like this, but overall it is a lot of fun.