Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Imported Draft Dynasties (/forums/showthread.php?t=457419)

II LiveHard II 11-23-2010 10:25 AM

Imported Draft Dynasties

Has anyone done any dynasties where you get some good college players from your Imported draft and try to build a team with them. Like Locker,Ingram,ect. If so I'd like to hear about them.

mm boost 11-23-2010 10:33 AM

Re: Imported Draft Dynasties

I just finished up the draft from my 2010 season (imported from NCAA 11), and everything went well. Center O'Dowd from USC went first pick, and Chekwa from Ohio State went 2nd overall, and Cameron Heyward (Lions - so they have Heyward, Suh, and Vanden Bosch as their front 3) and Greg Romeus went #5 and #6 respectively. With my cowboys, I traded up to the #21 pick, and drafted Bryant Browning out of Ohio State, and he come in rated a 78 Overall and A potential. My best bargain was getting Jake Locker as my back-up QB for Romo in the 4th round, and he come in 68 overall, B potential. My biggest sleeper was drafting Nate Irving in the 5th round, MLB - NC State, and he come in rated 68 overall and B potential, and looks IDENTICAL to the way he does in real life - dreads, ripped muscles, face, everything come out perfect. In my first 2 pre-season games, he has been NASTY!!! Got 2 sacks and flies to the ball. I also drafted Austin Pettis out of Boise State in the 4th round (trade), and hes 67 overall B potential and he has made some really nice plays in pre-season. He is earning a spot on the roster for sure so far, and if Ogletree don't pick up his production, buh bye!

I had an absolute blast doing the draft with a real draft class. I went through first 4 rounds real time, then simulated the rest.

II LiveHard II 11-23-2010 01:12 PM

That sounds really fun. After the Thanksgiving Holiday I'm going to start one up just simming to the first draft and I'm going to try to get a good rookie QB and possibly RB depending on what team I use but yeah. I like it better with the college players that I know rather than the EA generated players. More Stories!

franch1se 11-23-2010 05:23 PM

I'm starting one now, I traded a lot of players away and ended up with a lot of picks. 2 in the first, 2 in the second, 2 in the 3rd and then one in each of the next rounds. 6th and 7th round, those guys should have been drafted WAY higher but I have a young team ready to explode

First Round (Pick #4) - Jake Locker - QB Washington (84 overall, A potential)
First Round (Pick #12) - Cameron Heyward - DE Ohio State (84 overall, A potential)
Second Round (Pick #12) - Julio Jones - WR Alabama (77 overall, B potential)
Second Round (Pick #30) - Prince Amakamura - CB Nebraska (73 overall, B potential)
Third Round (Pick #12) - Austin Pettis - WR Boise State (71 overall, B potential)
Third Round (Pick #19 - John Clay - RB Wisconsin (70 overall, B potential)
Fourth Round (Pick #12) - Colin Kaepernick - QB Nevada (68 overall, B potential)
Fifth Round (Pick #12) - Owen Marecic - FB/LB Stanford (73 overall, B potential)
Sixth Round (Pick #12) - Casey Matthews - LB Oregon (58 overall, C potential)
Seventh Round (Pick #12) - Ronald Johnson - WR USC (60 overall, C potential)

Should be fun to build around this offense

QB Locker
RB Clay
WR Jones, Pettis, RoJo

II LiveHard II 11-23-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franch1se (Post 2041871372)
I'm starting one now, I traded a lot of players away and ended up with a lot of picks. 2 in the first, 2 in the second, 2 in the 3rd and then one in each of the next rounds. 6th and 7th round, those guys should have been drafted WAY higher but I have a young team ready to explode

First Round (Pick #12) - Cameron Heyward - DE Ohio State (84 overall, A potential)
Second Round (Pick #30) - Prince Amakamura - CB Nebraska (73 overall, B potential)
Third Round (Pick #12) - Austin Pettis - WR Boise State (71 overall, B potential)
Fourth Round (Pick #12) - Colin Kaepernick - QB Nevada (68 overall, B potential)
Fifth Round (Pick #12) - Owen Marecic - FB/LB Stanford (73 overall, B potential)

QB Locker
RB Clay
WR Jones, Pettis, RoJo

Sounds about like what I plan to do. Good QB,RB,WR's ect. Just buidling a nice young team. :-)

franch1se 11-23-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by II LiveHard II (Post 2041871462)
Sounds about like what I plan to do. Good QB,RB,WR's ect. Just buidling a nice young team. :-)

Yea, should be fun, next season will be a defensive loaded draft. I have a link in my sig if you want to follow every now and then, just played my first regular season game, got killed haha

I was planning on maybe dealing Kaepernick this offseason for a team needing a QB for a pick but this next class in my game is deep at QB. Cam Newton, Pryor, Moore, Keenum, Gibbert (won the Heisman), Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley off the top of my head, I remember seeing a ton more QB's

II LiveHard II 11-23-2010 10:00 PM

Yeah hoping for one of these guys or one in the first year. Try to build a typical "Franchise QB" Also hoping for maybe Ingram or Richardson or someone for RB.

ESPN_NFL_2k5 11-24-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franch1se (Post 2041871372)

QB Locker
RB Clay
WR Jones, Pettis, RoJo

COOL DRAFT PICK UPS. But it makes it all one sided do to the fact you picking up most of the young talent. In my draft i got the 4th pick first round and got Robert Quinn from the TAR HEELS to team up with Peppers. So far i lead with 34 team sacks and 11 from my stud ends.

I feel you should have the most 8 picks in any one draft UNLESS you traded away alot of talent to get them. What team are you using ? How did you get the PICKS? Are you playing with a CAP due to the fact i know the 1st - 3rd round picks ask toy be very over paid?