Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Franchise trade question. (/forums/showthread.php?t=457607)

Dianwei32 11-24-2010 02:53 PM

Franchise trade question.

I recently did a fantasy drafted franchise where I took Andre Gurode (92 OVR, 33 years old) so that I could trade him away for a high draft pick and draft a C in the 2011 draft. In my draft class, Kristofer O'Dowd and one other C consistently come out highly rated, so I was planning on drafting one of them. However, I was messing around and offered Gurode plus a 3rd rounder to the team that drafted Maurkice Pouncey for him and a 1st rounder, and they accepted.

Should I stick to my original plan and draft a C, likely using up my first round pick, or should I trade for Pouncey and get 2 first rounders out of it? I know that the obvious choice seems to be take Pouncey and the extra first rounder, but it seems like a trade that would never, ever happen in real life.

Instant C1a55ic 11-24-2010 08:20 PM

Re: Franchise trade question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianwei32 (Post 2041874014)
I recently did a fantasy drafted franchise where I took Andre Gurode (92 OVR, 33 years old) so that I could trade him away for a high draft pick and draft a C in the 2011 draft. In my draft class, Kristofer O'Dowd and one other C consistently come out highly rated, so I was planning on drafting one of them. However, I was messing around and offered Gurode plus a 3rd rounder to the team that drafted Maurkice Pouncey for him and a 1st rounder, and they accepted.

Should I stick to my original plan and draft a C, likely using up my first round pick, or should I trade for Pouncey and get 2 first rounders out of it? I know that the obvious choice seems to be take Pouncey and the extra first rounder, but it seems like a trade that would never, ever happen in real life.

Exactly, to each guy/girl their own, but i like to keep trades real/fair as much as i can. I believe Pouncy plays for the Steelers, and i highly doubt they would trade him for a 33 year old C.

Are you using the EA draft classes or ones from NCAA? With EA's classes you may be able to find a suitable G to convert to a C and develop him over time. However, if you have a C in your sights and want more picks, i always see how far the player is down the list of the top picks and trade down if i can to get more picks.

metscolts 11-24-2010 08:26 PM

Re: Franchise trade question.

Im very confused...