Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The REALISTIC NFL Trade Block Project.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=457915)

TheU 11-26-2010 06:14 PM

The REALISTIC NFL Trade Block Project....

All we want in our madden games is realistic details that we can compare to our everyday madden franchises.

This is a chance to do that, for serious madden offline players here is a chance to have something to look upon before making that trade that can change the whole aspect of your franchise and the team that your trading to. I don't believe in controlling 32 teams or confusing things like that, and i never look at the tradeblock in the game because it doesn't make much sense to me. All it is, is random players who are always going to be on that team, but my whole object is to create a realistic tradeblock.

Here is how it will work....

For Example:

Eagles Quarterback- Kevin Kolb 75 A POT
Reason On Block- POT to be franchise quarterback, but Micheal Vick has proven to be an elite QB

I will have Sections of player positions and would like if you would make your own list upon this thread and if your reason and player is reasonable, it will be added under this post. Let me know of thoughts you have also.

QB

RB

WR

TE

LG

LT

C

RT

RG

LE

RE

DT

OLB/MLB

SECONDARY

TheU 11-26-2010 07:16 PM

Re: The REALISTIC NFL Trade Block Project....

not a good idea, not one person is interested?

PGaither84 11-26-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheU (Post 2041880710)
not a good idea, not one person is interested?

Patience young Skywalker. You must learn patience.

It's not a bad idea. I just have a problem myself with how franchise mode works as a whole if you do not control all 32 teams, which I don't want to.

A prime example is New England. You start a franchise now, with the most recent roster update, and they don't have Richard Seymore or Randy Moss, and they don't have the Oakland draft pick or the Vikings Draft pick. they just lose out. there si a ton of this for all teams. Teams who are losing out, or "win big" like Oakland having Seymore and their draft picks.

This is a big factor in why I enjoy Fantasy Draft franchise mode. That, and that mode is just fun.

Regarding your idea, Just last night I was on Madden and started a 49ers Franchise where I traded Troy Smith and a 3rd round pick for Kolb and a 4th round pick. not too realistic. I don't know if they would expect a 1st or 2ed for him and what would be realistic to give up for him. He has a lot of potential, but he hasn't "done anything" yet. At least when Matt Cassel was trade to the Chiefs, he was the starting QB for 15 of the Patriots 16 games and on a team that went 11-5, and he didn't play poorly. This is not the case for Kolb. However, I want something instead of Alex Smith. Even though I know Kolb is better, by the Madden numbers though, him an d Alex are not that much different.

TheU 11-26-2010 07:49 PM

you can say im impatient lol, but yeah i understand what you mean, i just want to have something to go by, like rules, regulations before i start another bills franchise, i need to limit myself to realism.

sniperhare 11-27-2010 12:01 AM

Well most teams value draft picks over players. Unless they have poor owners that think they can buy good teams (like the Redskins) or perceive themselves to be at the cusp of a SB run (Vikings and Jets).

RB's can be seen as a dime a dozen, and to a lesser extent WR's. But good ones will cost an arm and a leg.

Treat the CPU as knowing that their player has at least a B potential if it's a rookie, even if you know it's just a C.

If they've had success with a player due to injury but the better player is healthy again and they don't need him they can play hardball with a team that is lacking in that position.

When you're trading for a recent player, most teams should expect to get at least what they used to draft the player unless that player has struggled for years. And since that doesn't happen in Madden like in life, pay them extra for developing him. It's only fair.

It's good to scout the upcoming draft class so you can tell what positions are weak and what are strong. The NFL coaches should know if it's a weak QB class, or if it is full of skilled position players, etc. This should be used for figuring out what players teams might trade for.

I've simmed seasons just to simulate through to the draft and figure out what players are rated. If it was like in NBA 2K it would be WAY better.:y220:

These are just some of the things I think about when I want to trade players. I also have all the picks sent to each team that deserves them, this can be done by swapping 7ths or trading zero bonus players and then cutting them. And it's another reason why controlling all 32 team is sadly necessary.

jmurphy31 11-27-2010 08:21 PM

How bout Mcnabb to either the Vikings, Cardinals, or 49ers?

PGaither84 11-28-2010 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurphy31 (Post 2041884406)
How bout Mcnabb to either the Vikings, Cardinals, or 49ers?

McNabb to the Vikings, now that is interesting. Very interesting.