Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Santa Claus in September (/forums/showthread.php?t=458204)

jmurphy31 11-28-2010 06:47 PM

Santa Claus in September

I just had to start a new franchise because my old XBOX got the RROD and in the first 4 weeks of the Season is Santa in the crowd. I know it used to happen for the holiday game, but in the first month of the season. My only other thinking is that in real life its close to Christmas, but that shouldn't effect a franchise game in September

Don't get me wrong, I like how they added that this year, but not in September it ruins the presentation

RedZoneD25 11-28-2010 07:31 PM

Re: Santa Claus in September

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurphy31 (Post 2041887440)
I just had to start a new franchise because my old XBOX got the RROD and in the first 4 weeks of the Season is Santa in the crowd. I know it used to happen for the holiday game, but in the first month of the season. My only other thinking is that in real life its close to Christmas, but that shouldn't effect a franchise game in September

Don't get me wrong, I like how they added that this year, but not in September

LOL I had the same thing happen to me today. I started a new chise as the Raiders...and then so far once every single week (currently at Week 11) I have seen Santa.

NYYankees42 11-28-2010 08:20 PM

same here i get it every single game with my chiefs franchise

moylan1234 11-28-2010 08:27 PM

me too, but it must be just the time of year because I'm in year 3 and I only started seeing him this past weekend

LiquorLogic 11-28-2010 08:47 PM

See, it's things like this that get me. It's an indictment on EA's, and Tiburon's, attitude towards the development of this game. Many of their additions are half-finished and flawed.

at23steelers 11-28-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moylan (Post 2041887763)
me too, but it must be just the time of year because I'm in year 3 and I only started seeing him this past weekend

Is it because it is currently Thanksgiving? I know in the play now mode, it has the Holiday theme, which shows Santa. Kind of funny, but odd.

LowerWolf 11-28-2010 10:14 PM

If they're able to keep the Breast Cancer Awareness stuff to just October in franchise, you'd think they'd be able to keep Santa to just December in Franchise.

TreFacTor 11-28-2010 11:31 PM

The Santa sighting isn't because of live weather... the dates in your chise never change and neither does weather (if it rains week 3 in your chise, it will always rain in week 3 no matter how many times you restart) and live weather doesn't work for franchise anyway... it's also not due to this being the holiday season. You could have seen Santa in August for anyone paying attention.