Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Franchise glitch help (/forums/showthread.php?t=458551)

tony619alu 12-01-2010 02:22 AM

Franchise glitch help

Why is my 4th string players in on my D for my franchise mode my D-Line is 1st string then its starting 4th stringer for my linebackers and Secondary why is this

tony619alu 12-01-2010 06:33 PM

Re: Franchise glitch help

bump

av7 12-01-2010 09:21 PM

Dont bump threads. Only warning.

tony619alu 12-01-2010 11:00 PM

why

The Teacher 12-02-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony619alu (Post 2041897798)
why

Natural Selection. A thread that can take off from the original post is a thread that doesn't need a 'bump'.

Any thread that needs a bump after "Post #1" is clearly being naturally de-selected by the community. It isn't really a swipe at you, as much as the thread.

To answer your question, I think it is a glitch that has been ongoing. Things like this also happened to starting HBs. Often at the end of a game where you are dominating. (At least in my case)

kpkpkp 12-02-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony619alu (Post 2041895154)
Why is my 4th string players in on my D for my franchise mode my D-Line is 1st string then its starting 4th stringer for my linebackers and Secondary why is this

Not to be a jerk, but are you playing in pre-season mode?

In the first 4 games in pre-season mode, your starters get taken out early to avoid injury going into the real season.

(also we need more clarification. are the 4th string guys there right away? or are your 1st string guys getting tired too quick and 2nd,3rd,and 4th strings come in too quick?)

GlennN 12-02-2010 01:14 PM

Excellent point about the pre-season. I have seen this issue, but mostly with a created player the computer would just not put in the game, no matter where he was on the depth chart.

dirtguru 12-03-2010 10:32 AM

Re order your depth chart, manually or let the cpu do it. If your team has suffered any injuries check your depth chart. If you control all 32 teams make sure you re order theirs as well. My experience with past franchises has resulted in all kinds of wierdness when I have neglected to pay attention to this.
Also, pay attention to DB's on your depth chart, cpu will order them by overall ratings without regard to position which results in CB's at safety and FS/SS at CB. With some teams this may give them the best chance to win but, due to fatigue or injury you may wind up throwing a pick 6 to Brandon Marshall?????????

As others have said this is a glitch but I have found it occurs much less frequently if all my depth charts are in order.