Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is progression affected by the playoffs (/forums/showthread.php?t=458879)

niftyjets 12-03-2010 09:50 AM

Is progression affected by the playoffs

Does anybody know if your progression is affected by how you do in the playoffs?

Thanks

The Teacher 12-03-2010 01:15 PM

Re: Is progression affected by the playoffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by niftyjets (Post 2041901740)
Does anybody know if your progression is affected by how you do in the playoffs?

Thanks

That is a good question. My guess is no, just from what I have seen from Franchise Mode.

phantomshark 12-03-2010 02:53 PM

Progression is not based on performance whatsoever, either reg season or playoffs. It's random within a set of parameters, and maxed out at the potential.

jyoung 12-03-2010 05:59 PM

I don't think so.

The game does not track playoff games statistically.

If you look at all your season stats, you see that playoff games do not get counted.

This includes downs played and games started.

Broncos86 12-04-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomshark (Post 2041902586)
Progression is not based on performance whatsoever, either reg season or playoffs. It's random within a set of parameters, and maxed out at the potential.

I would disagree with this. Regular season performance most certainly plays a role. A younger rookie sitting on the bench is going to progress regardless, but a player in his prime who has an off year could see his ratings decline. Whereas had that player played well, his ratings would've gone up.

I could be wrong, but I've gone through a collection of 18 total seasons in franchise, and this would appear to be accurate.

sixzero 12-04-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2041904240)
I would disagree with this. Regular season performance most certainly plays a role. A younger rookie sitting on the bench is going to progress regardless, but a player in his prime who has an off year could see his ratings decline. Whereas had that player played well, his ratings would've gone up.

I could be wrong, but I've gone through a collection of 18 total seasons in franchise, and this would appear to be accurate.

I agree w/ the post above and respectfully disagree as well. The rookies will progress sometimes for no reason and others due to progression. Older players max out but if not played will regress quicker. However, something that never made sense to is once they hit 30 (for some players) regardless of how great they performed in the season they will regress.

JVM 12-04-2010 10:30 AM

I am in my 16th season and have not seen any evidence of performance affecting progression for players on my team. Veterans in their mid-thirties who have seen very little or no action did not regress.

While I have seen some regression for players on CPU teams, guys like Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen while not playing did not regress; in fact, AP had his 97 speed and 99 acceleration to the end, and Jared Allen also kept same ratings til he retired. All this is on All-Pro.

I have one player who hardly ever played, third string HB Glover, rated 83 speed did suddenly get 89 speed when 30 years old! Plus, he also had his Catch rating increase to 95!

As far as I'm concerned, progression in Madden is a mess.

Exonerated 12-04-2010 11:55 PM

Progression is affected by potential, regular season playing time, and regular season stats.