Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Heisman Recruiting Bible Part 2 CALL STRATEGIES (/forums/showthread.php?t=459875)

booyagadget 12-10-2010 02:37 AM

New Heisman Recruiting Bible Part 2 CALL STRATEGIES

New Recruiting Bible Part 2 CALL STRATEGIES

Hey guys,
I finished up part 2 of the recruiting bible and I thought it may help some folks. It's kind of the core of recruiting, so it's pretty detailed. Some of the topics are surely debatable, but that makes sense depending on how you play.. Should at least get you thinking about recruiting a little. I love recruiting, looove building up a nasty dynasty squad from nothing.

http://www.booyagadget.com/2010/12/n...trategies.html

Scarecrow IzA G 12-10-2010 02:51 AM

Re: New Heisman Recruiting Bible Part 2 CALL STRATEGIES

Nevermind.

booyagadget 12-10-2010 12:54 PM

Wish I started off as Tennesee :) would've made recruiting a lot easier !

Deegeezy 12-10-2010 01:58 PM

I missed part 1...Do you have a link?

booyagadget 12-10-2010 02:48 PM

No problem. Here is part 1

http://www.booyagadget.com/2010/10/n...the-board.html

milkman41 12-10-2010 03:48 PM

You talked about using the auto-call, primarily when it comes to learning what the recruit likes. I usually have a different strategy, especially if I'm trying to come from behind - I pitch everything and see how the recruit reacts - the pitches that get 60 - 80 points (depending on how good the pitch it) are usually high - most, and the lower ones arent. Then when it's getting close to his visit is when I try to confirm the pitches I think are high - most by asking the recruit. This way I can get a little bit extra in terms of points, since asking gets you less points I've found. Just my $0.02, good read though :waytogo:

booyagadget 12-10-2010 04:06 PM

Hey, thanks for checking out the bible. I really like the style that you've described and how you use the Auto-Calls. What you described is a quite smart approach as well and a very effective use of the Auto-Call. In previous versions of the game, I felt that auto-call gave you less points, but the CPU does pretty well with it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman41 (Post 2041925482)
You talked about using the auto-call, primarily when it comes to learning what the recruit likes. I usually have a different strategy, especially if I'm trying to come from behind - I pitch everything and see how the recruit reacts - the pitches that get 60 - 80 points (depending on how good the pitch it) are usually high - most, and the lower ones arent. Then when it's getting close to his visit is when I try to confirm the pitches I think are high - most by asking the recruit. This way I can get a little bit extra in terms of points, since asking gets you less points I've found. Just my $0.02, good read though :waytogo:

milkman41 12-10-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booyagadget (Post 2041925555)
Hey, thanks for checking out the bible. I really like the style that you've described and how you use the Auto-Calls. What you described is a quite smart approach as well and a very effective use of the Auto-Call. In previous versions of the game, I felt that auto-call gave you less points, but the CPU does pretty well with it now.

That's good to hear, I haven't used the auto-calls that much yet, might start using it a bit more to save on time. Another thing that I do is I try to schedule visits for the recruits I'm behind on a bit later - it gives me time to make up ground and hopefully use the visit to really put me on top, you know. Recruiting is a tricky thing though, I must say, still haven't mastered it by any means.